Did you get a slow cooker or crockpot for Christmas?
Crockpots and slow cookers are essentially the same and they are both perfect for busy moms. (Really Crockpot is a name brand if you want to get down to it, but I think we use the words interchangeably.) They are very helpful for making meal time easier.
I have two crockpots. My 6 qt. oval, digital, crockpot (similar to this one) is the most used appliance in my kitchen. It makes meal planning simple for me and I love using it in the summer when I do not want to heat up my kitchen as well as in the winter when soups and comfort foods are in order.
Here are 15 easy recipes that are delicious in the crockpot and make meal planning a breeze for you. I am also including side suggestions that are favorites at our house to make getting dinner on the table that much easier for you.
- Cheese Ravioli– this is crazy easy! Serve it with a dinner salad and french bread slices.
- Chicken and Noodles– this comfort food go perfectly with a dinner salad and rolls.
- Tex-Mex Roast Wraps– served with a side of steamed rice.
- Crushed Tomato and Chicken Soup– perfect by itself or with a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Beef Tips and Noodles– served with a steamed veggie and a dinner salad.
- Catalina Chicken– served with a steamed veggie and fresh fruit.
- Apple Butter Pork Chops– served over steamed brown rice and a steamed veggie as your side.
- Creamy Chicken Tacos– served with rice and beans as sides.
- Sloppy Joes– served with tater tots and baked beans.
- Beans and Rice– this budget friendly meal is perfect topped with cheese and sour cream.
- Orange Chicken Stir Fry– serve over rice and add a side salad with your favorite Asian ginger dressing.
- BBQ Chicken– served with mashed potatoes and a dinner salad.
- Veggie Lasagna– yes, in the crockpot! Serve with a side of fresh fruit and garlic bread.
- Spaghetti and Meat Sauce– always a winner at our house. Served with a dinner salad.
- Navy Beans and Ham– all in one meal.
If you are new to crockpot cooking, check out my 10 tips for cooking in your slow cooker or crockpot.
Let me know which recipes your family loves the most.