How to Make White Chocolate Peppermint Bark

You know I am all about super simple. And I love to make things and give things.

Hello there perfect Christmas chocolate!

This is an excellent  (and inexpensive) gift to make for teachers, co-workers, and family. Put it in a treat bag and it makes a perfect classroom holiday party goody bag.  Or, just make it and place it in your favorite glass dome cake plate and it is beautiful to keep on the counter for everyone to enjoy a little here and there.

. . . . . . . . . .
All you need is peppermint or candy canes and white chocolate morsels.
Cover a cookie sheet in parchment paper.
Crush your candy canes in a zip lock bag (I used the back of a ladle).
Melt your chocolate.
I used a double boiler, but you can also do it in the microwave, just make sure you do not heat it at a temperature too high because it will make your chocolate all funk-a-do.
Once the chocolate is completely melted pour it onto the parchment paper covered cookie sheet and spread it out evenly.
Spread it good and thin….
While hot, sprinkle chocolate with crushed peppermint.
My 11 yr old took this picture! He rocks!
Walk away and let it cool 100%  (for at least an hour).
Once cool, separate the hardened candy from the parchment paper and break it into many, smaller, imperfect pieces.
To make the perfect gift, use tissue paper and….
… a cute little box or tin and you are good to go!

Comments

1. It Feels Like Chaos says

I make that exact recipe every year and give as little gifts for neighbors, teachers, hair dressers, etc. Everyone loves it! And that bark is one of my 7 year old son's absolute favorite foods!

2. Your Frugal Friend, Niki says

Oh my deliciousness! I received some as a gift but had no idea how to make it. Thanks for sharing.

Stop over and visit me over at Free 2 Be Frugal sometime!

3. Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet says

YUM! This looks absolutely fabulous! I dont' know if it would make it out of the door for gifts. :)

Sherry

4. MarytheKay says

This looks so yummy! It is on my list of things to make this year! I've never tried it–but you make it look easy! Thanks. :-)

5. Jerri says

What a yummy holiday treat! Looks yummy!

I'm hosting a week of Christmas linky events with 4 other bloggers. Hope you can stop by and check it out!

6. AllieMakes! says

That looks heavenly! Thank you for sharing your recipe!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com