I want to show you how to use scrapbook paper, photos, stamps and other simple supplies to make sweet and personal birthday party invitations for your little ones next birthday party! While you are here, check out all of my birthday party ideas.
I love using scrapbook paper! And get this, I do not scrapbook.
The next time you are at the craft store, go down the aisles of the scrapbook section and there are endless possibilities for making things other than scrapbooks.
Now, you should also know I am a fan of birthday parties. I love to make the invitations. You can go fancy, you can go simple. In the end, you have an awesome keepsake and when you incorporate a picture of your little one(s), it is a special treat for those on the receiving end. You can make copies of pictures very inexpensively at your local drug store. (Make sure you own the rights to the photographs.)
10 Tips for Homemade Birthday Invitations
1) Start by buying a bundle of blank cards at your local craft store. You can buy them folded or flat and they come in many sizes. Most packs come with the envelopes, but double check.
2) Find some scrapbook paper that you love. To me, argyle screams boy the way that eyelet says girl. I love this collection of paper: stripes, argyle and dots. We could make anything with this!
3) With a current photo, your scrapbook paper, and fancy edged scissors, you’ve got a keeper!
More Homemade Birthday Cards
- Homemade Monkey Birthday Invitations
- Number Birthday Party Invitations You Can Make
- Homemade Pirate Party Invitations