With summer picnics, cookouts and get togethers, it can sometimes be hard to stick to our diets. Believe me, I know. It is very tempting to eat what everyone else is eating. I have done it. Many times.
Nutrisystem has put together a great list of tips to help us stay on track.
- Bring your \”BBQ-esque\” Nutrisystem meal of choice such as Nutrisystem’s Hamburgers, Chicken and Hot Dogs to throw on the grill! That way you still feel part of the BBQ eating festivities while staying on program.
- Offer wheat rolls and buns to give everyone a healthier option.
- In an attempt to offer lots of fresh veggies, create a garden salad with all your favorite vegetables with various dressings on the side. That way everyone can choose what dressing is best for them, but the salad also allows you to get in your add-in additions while on program. To make a complete meal, top with some grilled chicken.
- Grill some vegetables on the BBQ! A fun way to do this and to have the kids get involved is to make vegetable shish kabobs!
- Try to steer away from items drenched with BBQ sauce as this will only add in extra calories and typically is high in sugar and sodium.
- Make sure to have iced water on hand. Toss in some slices of citrus fruits (i.e. oranges, lime and lemons) or even cucumbers too. This makes it different and is quite refreshing!
- For dessert you can have your Nutrisystem Dessert with the group, but also have a healthy option such as fruit salad or fruit kabobs for you and your guests. The kids can even help out with making them.
If you have a minute, check out the full Nutrisystem menu. A couple of my favorite lunch items right now are Three Cheese Chicken and Pasta, Black Beans and Rice and the Margherita Pizza. I like to pair any of these with a salad, a hard boiled egg and some carrots with fat free dressing. Very filling and yummy.
I am up two pounds, which is a bummer, but I did it to myself. We have eaten out way too many evenings recently and sometimes I order salad, and sometimes I order something like fajitas. And guacamole. The other day I was up four pounds, so we are back on the right track. We are plugging along, my friend.
Would you like to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem too? Visit Nutrisystem today or call 888-853-4689. They are still offering 50% off of your first order when you sign up for auto-delivery. What you spend in a month on Nutrisystem for three meals a day, is likely what you are spending feeding yourself all month already.Nutrisystem is sponsoring my weight loss journey and in return I am blogging about my journey. All opinions stated are my own.