Easy Recipes: Crockpot Ravioli

Today I want to share with you an easy recipe that is perfect for a busy school or work night. This recipe pairs well with a dinner salad, fresh fruit and rolls.

I love the super short ingredient list and that you throw it in the crockpot frozen! I love easy recipes, don’t you?

By the way, do you struggle with getting dinner on the table? I can teach you how to meal plan. Check out my eBook that teaches you step by step how to meal plan. I give you resources and solutions for saving money and time and getting dinner on the table for your family.

real easy recipes crockpot ravioli from #crystalandcomp

Ingredients:

• 25 oz bag of frozen ravioli (we like cheese)
  • 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese

Dump your bag of frozen ravioli right into the crockpot.

Pour your jar of sauce over the ravioli.

Stir the ravioli to evenly coat with sauce. Be careful, don’t chip a nail. I know this is strenuous work.

About 20 minutes before you are ready to serve, sprinkle the top of the ravioli with finely shredded mozzarella cheese. Pop the lid back on and let it melt- about 20 minutes.

When it melts it will look like this.

Plate it up and serve. How easy what that?!

crockpot ravioli from #crystalandcomp super easy recipe for busy families

Want a meatier ravioli option? Check out my Crockpot Ravioli with Crumbled Italian Beef.

Check out my How to Meal Plan ebook. I will help you get dinner on the table for your family in five easy steps.

More Recipes:

4.9 from 18 reviews
Crockpot Ravioli
Dinner
4-6

Ingredients
  • 25 oz bag of frozen ravioli (we like cheese)
  • 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese
Instructions
  1. Dump your bag of frozen ravioli right into the crockpot.
  2. Pour your jar of sauce over the ravioli.
  3. Stir the ravioli to evenly coat with sauce. Be careful, don't chip a nail. I know this is strenuous work.
  4. Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours. Depending on how fast your crockpot cooks, you may notice they are done closer to 2.5 hours. You could also cook on low for a longer period of time.
  5. About 20 minutes before you are ready to serve, sprinkle the top of the ravioli with finely shredded mozzarella cheese.
  6. Pop the lid back on and let it melt- about 20 minutes.
  7. Once the cheese is melted, plate it up and serve.

Comments

1. Kristian F says

I have found your recipe through pinterest, and it looks so yummy. My question is: Where can I find the frozen ravioli? I have no idea where to look?

Hi Kristian, the frozen ravioli are in the freezer section usually near the frozen lasagna and such. At most stores you can get beef or cheese filled ravioli. Sometimes you can find fancy options too with spinach or lobster, etc.

Good luck!

2. Rikki says

Thanks for a quick and easy recipe. My sons practically slurped it up. My older son asked if I could make it again tomorrow night.

Just found this recipe on Pinterest. I was looking for a super simple crock-pot recipe for my Zumba night this week, and I think I’ve found a winner!
    Thanks!

Thank you Crystal!!
    I want to make a dish for some of the pickier eaters on Easter this year and thought I would make ravioli… just wasn’t sure how to go about doing it… frozen? do I have to thaw? how long would it take? I did a search this morning and found your recipe with all of the answers! Thank you so much! the kids and the Italian in the family will appreciate something other than the usual ham and potatoes… :)

I’m pretty sure I made this from your recipe last month! It was so good and a great way to have dinner on the table quickly! I also loved that the ravioli didn’t get soggy like it sometimes does when boiled!

6. Wendy says

I used the 5 cheese ravioli and also cooked up some ground beef and It. sausage and added it to the sauce. It was a hit!! thanks

Debbie- I have never cooked it on low, but I would bet it would be done in about 4-5 hours on low. These raviolis cook pretty quickly.
      The first time you cook them on low, you might want to do it on a day that you’re home so you can keep an eye on them. I would hate for you to be gone for 8 hours and them cook on low for that entire time and burn.

7. Grace Gaige says

I was going to make a different crockpot ravioli recipe until I saw this one. Going to give it a try for supper tonight.

8. Grace Gaige says

It turned out ok. I did add some hamburger to it. I may add 2 jars of pasta sauce next time,just seemed like 1 jar was enough.

9. Jan says

I made this using 1 bag of beef ravioli + 3 pint jars of our homemade spaghetti sauce, and cooked it on low for 7 hours while I was at work. The ravioli absorbed a lot of the sauce, and the ravioli was a “fluffier” texture than just boiling the pasta & putting sauce on top…delicious! You definitely shouldn’t cook it any longer (I won’t cook it as long next time, 5 hours would be plenty). I used the old-fashioned crockpot from the 1970’s, and it didn’t burn at all. My family & I loved it, thanks!

10. Amanda Raney says

I made this tonight. Normally, I do not use frozen foods; however, when I need to in the future, this will be a go-to recipe! My entire family liked it-even my picky 4-year-old! As it was cooking he said, “What’s that delicious smell?” haha! Anyway, I added frozen meatballs as well as homemade basil pesto (to doctor up that jar sauce!) and fresh thyme and basil leaves. It literally took less than 5 minutes to throw in. Will make again!

11. maria vittoria says

Hi, sorry for my english (I’m Italian..) I wonder if I can buy fresh ravioli ( less spicey then frozen ones…for my picky kids!!), freeze them and then use them as “frozen ravioli” in the crockpot??
    thanks in advance

maria vittoria

12. Regina D. says

How long should it cook if I put it on low? I am looking for something that I can put in before I go to work and it be done when I get home (and not be burnt).

Thx

Regina-

I think it would cook in 6 hours on low. I have three suggestions.

If you double the recipe it will take longer to cook and then you can have leftovers. So doubling the ingredients and putting it in a 6 qt crockpot could likely get you 8 hours on low.

If that doesn’t work for you and you’re going to be gone longer than 6 hours for work, my suggestion would be to come home at lunch and throw it in the crockpot on low. Then dinner is still done when you get home.

Or, experiment with it on a Saturday or Sunday to see just how long it can go on low in your crockpot.

Patty-

For the oven I would place the frozen ravioli in a 9×13 casserole dish.
      Cover in sauce. Cover in cheese.
      Bake on 350 until the ravioli are no longer frozen and the cheese is melted.

Hope that helps.

13. Tricia says

Hi I love this recipe and the fact that its so easy! I can’t wait to try it. I live in a dorm room so this is perfect to make! I do have one question though, I have a mini 2-quart crock pot. I’m clearly no expert but do you think this will work in my baby crock pot too?

14. Kate says

Excellent! I love the simplicity of this recipe, and it’s wonderful! I found it on pinterest, and my family LOVED it when I made it. I’ve had requests, so am making it again today.
    thank you! It’s my new favorite, and in the regular rotation!

15. Julie says

In The Crock Pot Now..
    Perfect For A Friday Night Everyones Busy Meal.
    I Added Some Sweet Italian Sausage.
    Can’t Wait To Try.
    Thanks For Sharing.

16. Rachel says

I’ve tried this with spaghetti sauce and Alfredo sauce and it has worked well with both. Just experiment with what you like!

17. Crissy says

It turned out dough-y and soggy for me :( what brand are you using? I used the generic brand… Maybe that makes a difference.

I always use the Target brand. I buy the cheese ones. Brand should not matter.

What size crockpot are you using? Are you putting them in frozen? How long are you cooking them for? How much sauce did you add? What size bag of ravioli did you add?

Mine come out perfect every time. I add one bag frozen ravioli to one jar of sauce. They are done in 2.5-3 hours. It has always been fail proof for me. I would love to help.

18. GAY SMITH says

How many servings does this make? Have you ever used the meat filled ravoioli or added meat to your sauce? I have 2 growing “boys in the house who don’t think it’s a meal without some meat.”Thanks for a reply.

So glad I visited your site, Crystal. These recipes are so easy, even I can do them. I not only cook for the grandkids, but anyone else who just happens to be around at supper time. Thanks for the great ideas.

20. Erika says

I made this last night for dinner. turned out ok. I cooked on LOW for 3.5 hours. the ravioli cooks pretty fast. So you should keep an eye on it. It was pretty much done by 3 hours.

21. Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents says

I had a bag of ravioli and wasn’t sure how to fix it -came across this on Pinterest and yet again you save the day. :-) So tasty and super easy!

1. [...] Crystal from Crystal & Co is a mom to five boys and is a huge believer in easy recipes. Over on her mommy resource site she shares with her readers an index of over 100 real easy recipes plus other resources to help you with your menu planning. Her most popular recipe to date is for easy Crockpot Ravioli. [...]

2. […] Crystal from Crystal & Co is a mom to five boys and is a huge believer in easy recipes. Over on her mommy resource site she shares with her readers an index of over 100 real easy recipes plus other resources to help you with your menu planning. Her most popular recipe to date is for easy Crockpot Ravioli. […]

3. […] good friend Crystal from Crystal and Comp. shared this amazingly easy and delicious recipe quite a while ago and it became one of our […]