Her site shares an endless amount of recipes that are healthier, and as the title suggests, gluten-free and refined sugar free, yet still fabulous and delicious.
On her site, Amy shares her story of becoming an expert dieter, trying every program on the market to lose weight. In the late 90′s she shared that she was over 180 pounds. Here she gives a snippet of her experience with yet another diet.
It did, for a while. Once I hit the three week mark, I started eating the other meals and I was back where I started, eating too much, eating at the wrong times, having huge, uncontrollable food cravings. I gave in. I always did. I didn’t have the awareness then, but all of the \”Fat Flush\” recipes were free of sugar, flour, and gluten.
After years and yo-yo dieting, Amy found a way to create her own recipes that were made from non-refined sugars and gluten-free. It has become a way of life for her. And if you see her progression of before and after pictures on her site, it will likely make you stop and think about the foods you eat and how it is effecting your body.
The cookbook contains over 180 recipes you can make in 20 minutes or less. Each recipe includes a \”Quick Tip\” and many recipes contain options for making recipes dairy-free. This cookbook certainly is a mommy solution.
In this cookbook there are:
23 Breakfast Recipes
- includes muffins, scones, donuts, pancakes, waffles, syrup, coffee cakes, and hot cereals
- 7 dairy-free, 5 with Make it Dairy-Free options, 4 vegan
16 Starters & Snack Recipes
- includes dips, homemade chips, granola, and simple, portable snacks
- 7 egg-free, 4 dairy-free, 1 with a Make it Dairy-Free option, 3 vegan
9 Spread & Condiment Recipes
- includes ketchup, chocolate nut butters, and dipping sauces
- 5 vegan, 3 egg-free
10 Soup Recipes
- includes slow cooker soups, vegetable and meat based soups
- 5 dairy-free, 1 with a Make it Dairy-Free option, 10 egg-free, 1 vegan, 3 vegan options
14 Salad Recipes
- includes 3 salad dressings
- 7 egg-free, 4 vegan
22 Main Dish Recipes
- includes a simple, no-fail pizza crust, chicken dishes, vegetarian & vegan dishes
-10 dairy-free, 21 egg-free recipes, 1 vegan
18 Side Dish Recipes
- includes beans, whole grains, vegetables, and pasta
- 6 egg-free, 1 dairy-free, 9 vegan
14 Cookie & Bar Recipes
- includes traditional cookie recipes, biscotti, brownies, and bars
- 1 dairy-free, 1 with a Make It Dairy-Free option, 1 egg-free, 4 vegan
15 Cobbler, Crisp, & Pie Recipes
- includes 2 different pie crusts, one is flourless
- 7 egg-free, 1 dairy-free option, 1 vegan
10 Cupcake & Cake Recipes
- includes 4 cupcake recipes & 6 cake recipes
- 4 dairy-free, 1 vegan
14 Frosting Recipes
- includes 2 whole food based frostings, 1 raw recipe, and a cupcake filling
- 9 egg-free, 2 dairy-free, 1 with a Make It Dairy-Free option, 4 vegan
8 Mousses, Puddings, & Custards
- includes healthier versions of old favorites
- 3 egg-free, 1 with a Make It Egg-Free option, 1 dairy-free, 2 with Make it Dairy-Free options, 1 vegan
12 Frozen Dessert Recipes
- includes popsicles, fruit desserts, and frozen cookie bars
- 2 egg-free, 3 vegan
A Complete SS&GF Kitchen Guide
- includes ingredient information, appliance & utensil information, and product resources
I have made the Easy Chicken Cacciatore in the Crockpot and we LOVE it! I am excited to give one of her cupcake and icing recipes a try at one of my little one’s next birthday parties.
I have a copy to giveaway.
- Enter once or enter all 9 ways. You choose.
- Leave a comment for each entry as well as your email address so I can notify you if you win.
- Have all of your entries in by 9/26/11 by 11:59 pm, central time.
- Winner will be chosen using Random.org.
Ways to Enter:
- Visit the Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free site and share with me why you would like this cookbook.
- Like Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free on Facebook.
- Follow @Amys_SSGF on Twitter.
- Have Simply Sugar and Gluten Free updates delivered to your inbox. (click the email option in her header).
- Like Crystal & Co on Facebook.
- Follow Crystal & Co on Twitter.
- Follow Crystal & Co via Google Friend Connect (right sidebar).
- Subscribe to Crystal & Co and have it delivered to your inbox for free. (right sidebar)
- Tweet this once per day and include the link: RT @crystalandcomp has a #free copy of @Amys_SSGF Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free #cookbook http://bit.ly/qBfjuQ. #giveaway
Read my full disclosure statement.