Easy Recipes: Crockpot Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I have found the most delicious and fail proof way to make mashed potatoes!

In the crockpot! Who knew?

And these are not only easy, but taste just like the garlic mashed potatoes from Outback Steakhouse.

Seriously.

crockpot recipes

These garlic mashed potatoes go perfectly with Crockpot BBQ Chicken.

I had the chicken going in my 6 qt oval crock and the potatoes going in my 4 ct crock.

Ingredients:

• 3 lbs. redskin potatoes
  • 2-4 cloves of garlic
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 2 T butter
  • 1/2 c water
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • salt, to taste
  • dried parsley flakes (option)

You’re going to peel the entire 3 pound bag of potatoes.

If you like, you can leave a little bit of skin on.

Quarter the potatoes and toss them in the crockpot.

Pour in the olive oil.

Add the butter, garlic and salt.

Pour in the water and pop a lid on it.

Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.

This is what the potatoes will look like when they are done.

Do you like how my garlic did not move? I am a lazy cook…   didn’t even stir it before I put the lid on it.

Grab your potato masher and start mashing.

I have found that using a hand-held masher opposed to an electric mixer keeps the potatoes from getting gluey. Have you ever had gluey potatoes? Not my favorite.

Mash until you reach the desired consistency.

Put in the sour cream.

You do not have to do an entire 8 ounces if you do not want to. But man, I love sour cream and I love it in my mashed potatoes.

Mix the sour cream in well.

Shake a little dried parsley over the potatoes to add some color.

Plate it up and you’ve got one tasty side dish that took very little effort on your part!

Comments

Fantastic idea! And great minds think alike – I have a recipe for garlic smashed potatoes on my blog today. I may have to use your crockpot way of making them next time.

Tiffany- isn’t that crazy!

I don’t think I will ever make mashed potatoes on the stove top again. This was just so easy and deliciously perfect.

I love that your version only has two ingredients. Totally giving that a try as well.

2. Melissa B says

One of my favorite dishes is mashed potatoes! =)
    and this crockpot recipe sounds so good! Im going to save it and make it soon.

3. Emily Woodhouse says

Oh my gosh…these potatoes were awesome! And so incredibly easy. Really a great “make ahead” recipe.
    Emily Woodhouse recently posted..VPSMy Profile

Hey great slow cooker dish! This week’s Food on Friday on Carole’s Chatter is all about collecting up slow cooker/crockpot recipes. It would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Have a good week.

Amazing! Seriously, I never make mashed potatoes anymore because they just plain take too long for a weeknight meal. But now that I’ve read this (and pinned your main recipe page), my hubby will I’m sure be sending major thanks your way. How have I never thought of this? You are genius :) Thank you for sharing, as well as all your other recipes!