I am going to share something with you that makes me cringe.
My hard-drive has crashed twice in the last year and a half.
And the first time it crashed my computer was less than 6 months old.
I lost everything that was on it, including having to re-purchase programs and applications and I had no other online backup.
Luckily my photos and some documents were saved on an external hard-drive, so the damage was not as bad as it could have been… until a few months later.
We had the hard-drive replaced and kept plugging along. Then right before Christmas this past year I unknowingly downloaded a virus and it not only crashed my hard-drive for a second time, but also my external hard-drive. Talk about devastating. I lost over 1,000 images and photographs, original documents for my blog, photos of upcoming recipes I wanted to share, original eBook content and info., family pictures and more. Ugh!
To put it lightly, the second crash was gut wrenching!
Nonetheless, I think I have found something that will resolve this issue going forward and is a great solution for mom bloggers like myself.
I’m sure you have heard of Norton. Have you heard of their online backup? It is a personal cloud service that automatically and securely backs up your irreplaceable digital photos and videos, music, financial information, and other important Stuff from up to five family Windows® or Macintosh® computers.
Norton Online Backup
- Keeps all of your irreplaceable digital photos, videos, music, financial documents, and other important
- Stuff safe from loss
- Automatically backs up your important files to our secured online data centers.
- Lets you quickly and easily restore your files\””and your precious memories\””in case of computer hard
drive crashes, accidental deletion, theft of your computer, natural disasters, or other mishaps.
- Backs up files from up to five Windows® or Macintosh® computers with a single subscription.
- Grows with your backup needs \”” you can easily add secured storage space as you need it.
Retrieving Files is a Breeze
It is also easy to search for and find the files you store using the Keyword Search functionality. You quickly locate the exact file or files you want to restore or transfer to your other computers.
Rest easy, knowing your memories and important files are safe and highly secure
- Lets you retrieve your files, whenever you need them, from any computer connected to the Internet.
- Lets you transfer your secured backup files between both Macintosh® and Windows® computers, so you
- can easily copy your files to new computers.
- Automatically saves the previous versions of files backed up in the past 90 days, so you can restore older files if necessary.
- Offers proven, professionally managed offsite backup from a trusted company that’s been protecting
people and information for 25+ years.
- Protects your important and irreplaceable files with high-level encryption, both during backup and
while stored in our secured data centers.
- Gives you complete control\””you can manage and restore your backed up files through a secured, password-protected Web page, so they’re always available when you need them.
If you store important information on your computer at home, run a business or just want that sense of security that your documents and files can be retrieved if there is a computer crash, Norton Online Backup is certainly a mommy solution you’ll want to check into.
Norton is giving one lucky Crystal & Co., reader a free 1-year subscription of the 25GB NOBU!
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter the giveaway. (It may take a moment for it to load.)