Finding age appropriate activities for 2-year-olds is sometimes a challenge. As we all know, they have a short attention span and even when you find something that works once, there is no 2-year-old activity guarantee that it will work again!
Come to think of it, wouldn’t a 2-year-old activities guarantee be great?
Traveling with a Two year old can be especially challenging. Their naturally wiggly bodies are strapped into a car seat for an undisclosed amount of time.
Car Activities for 2-Year-Olds
Since we have already arrived at the idea that no ONE activity will always be the answer, today I am presenting 10…just in case the first nine don’t work for YOUR child!
1. Try listening to some new music or even playing an audio book. Did you know many of your children’s favorite books are in audio form? Audible.com has a whole section of books for ages 0-4!
2. Let them zone out with some app time. There are many great educational apps out there for to download for free on your iPod, iPad or Android device.
3. Play some games like what’s missing? Have your little one close their eyes and then hide something. When they open their eyes they have to guess what disappeared.
4. Bring along a new coloring book. There are lots of great on the go lap desks and crayon carriers that are perfect for coloring on the road.
5. Learn more about your kids by playing 20 questions. Come up with some easy, toddler questions like If you could be a superhero, which one would you be?
6. Blow bubbles out the windows when you are on roads with lower speeds.
7. Surprise them with a mystery bag. Fill a bag with little items from the dollar store or even from around the house and let them dig in. You can also make it more fun by having them guess what’s inside.
8. Let them color on the windows of the car with window markers. Don’t worry – it all washes off!
9. Bring a box of books for them to flip through and look at. Mom and dad can crawl back and read a few as well.
10. If all else fails, you can always watch movies. Bring along your portable DVD player and rent lots of new movies.
More Activities for 2-Year-Olds:
Also, there is a massive list of 40+ Activities for Two year Olds over at Kids Activities Blog.
More Travel Activities for Kids: