Oh summer time. You are so much fun, yet you are so hot at the same time.
I feel like there is a constant battle between wanting to be outside and trying to keep them cool at the same time. We try to go outside at least once a day so the kids can run off all their pent-up energy from being in the house. Sometimes its just too hot to be outside for extended periods of time.
You know what you need? Water play activities for kids!
These are perfect summer activities for kids and preschoolers!
15 Water Play Activities for Kids
- DIY Water Bombs :: Skip to My Lou
- Kids Car Wash :: Mom Endeavors
- Ice Chalk :: Growing A Jeweled Rose
- DIY Water Wall :: Tinker Lab
- PVA Sprinkler :: The Idea Room
- Water Limbo :: GoGo squeez
- Water Blob :: Clumsy Crafter
- DIY Slip N Slide :: Diary of a Preppy Mom
- Splash and Score :: spoonful
- Swimming Pool Scrabble :: Toddler Approved
- Water Balloon Pinata :: Ziggity Zoom
- Baby Bath Station :: Happy Hooligans
- Ice Cube Boats :: Alpha Mom
- Summer Snow :: Growing A Jeweled Rose
- Water Ramp :: Caution! Twins at play!
I hope you have a few new ideas on how to keep the kids cool and entertained during the summer!
I think we are going to try a couple of these soon. Being outside plus water always equals a good time for the kiddos!
And if you can’t get outside, a door bath in the afternoon is just as fun!
What is your favorite outdoor water activity?
More Summer Activities for Kids
When you are ready for some indoor fun try these activities for kids!
- 80+ Inexpensive or free activities for kids
- 26 Fun and Educational Summer Activities for Kids
- 10 Summer Lemonade Stand Ideas
- A Through Z Boredom Busters for Kids (Ideas for every room!)
Kelley is the mastermind in charge of her family. She loves to spend time crafting, cooking and making her kids laugh. She believes she was destined to be a comedian but has put her stand up dreams on hold to raise her two kids. She blogs about her family at thegrantlife.com and often entertains her readers with her wise cracks.