June was an awesome month for Crystal & Co. Our audience is steadily growing- with over 26,000 pageviews for the month! Thank you for always reading, commenting and allowing me a place to share.
I am joining Kelli again this month with 3 Boys and a Dog. I’ve used Google Analytics to determine who my top referring sites are for the month of June. I am not surprised that the top ten blogs that sent traffic my way are all sites that offer weekly linkups which I am committed to participating in.
Crystal & Co’s Top 10 Referring Sites for June
- We Are THAT Family– sent 1085 visitors to my site. I love her Works for me Wednesday link up and all the ideas everyone shares!
- Tip Junkie– sent 738 readers to my site last month. Have you participated in her Tip Me Tuesday linky? Check out all of her topic specific mini-sites as well. You can search all day long!
- Skip to my Lou– sent 721 people to my site. Love her Made by You Monday linky. She has lots of awesome free printables too!
- Tatertots and Jello– referred 640 readers to my site. She offers a Friday night link up. Awesomeness my friend.
- I Heart Naptime– directed 550 people my way. Love her new lay out and all the ideas people link up and share on her Sundae Scoop linky. Very crafty site.
- Org Junkie– sent over 331 visitors. Her Monday Meal Plan linkup keeps me so motivated!
- Today’s Creative Blog– sent me 327 readers last month. Monday nights you’ve gotta get your craft on and share you latest project.
- Blue Cricket Design– sent over 281 viewers. Another great crafty site with a Tuesday sharing party!
- Craftomatic– sent over 257 visitors. She shares awesome crafts and hosts a Sunday night linky so we can share our crafts as well.
- The Girl Creative– sent 202 readers to my site. Lover her Something I Whipped Up sharing party every Sunday evening.
Are you wondering if social media sites help send readers to your blog? I say yes, and here are my results for the month.
- Facebook– referred 878 to my site. Tons of people shared my 80 Summer Activities post on Facebook.
- Pinterest– sent over 306 visitors. Have you been introduced to this site yet? Really awesome.
- Twitter- sent me 119 peeps. I am a tweeting machine these days.
Most Popular Post
80 Summer Activities for Kids– was clicked on 4,900 times just in June alone. Since it went live back in May it has had over 8,000 clicks being the most popular post ever on Crystal & Co.
I spent a substantial amount of money back at the first of the year to have my site transferred to WordPress, which is self hosted and also operated under an SEO template called Thesis. Thesis does lots of search engine optimization for me to promote my site. Was it worth it?
During the month of June 2011, Google organically sent 4,225 readers to my site who were searching keywords like pirate cupcakes, summer activities for kids, free summer activities, etc. Compare that to one year ago when my site was literally owned by Blogger, and Google organically sent 31 readers to my site.
I say WordPress and Thesis are certainly blogging solutions!