Quiet time for stay at home moms or moms in general is a very special part of the day. Is nap time still a working routine around your house?
At this point I wish nap time was something that still happened but unfortunately we have all outgrown that stage. I remember the sweet, blissful moments of nap time. The house almost came to a standstill with such peace and quiet. Everyone still and sleeping.
As a mom these moments are when we catch up on laundry, household chores, and even have a moment to breathe. If your kids are not still participating in naps there are ways to coordinate some quiet time at your house. Don’t lose that peaceful bliss just yet. Give your kids the option of a quiet box for rest time during the day. (Make sure you check out all of our activities for kids while you’re here.)
Quiet boxes are super cool and very easy to make. You coordinate your totes, clear containers with lids work. Fill them with special things that are just for quiet time. Don’t worry! These boxes do not have to be filled with a bunch of brand new things. Items that you make are great additions to the box! The point is to just give them things that are easy, not over stimulating, and soothe or calm. Check out these 30 amazing quiet box items for your kids that will still allow you a break during the day.
Quiet Boxes for Kids
1. A Button Box is a great quiet time activity and it can easily be added to anything else you want to put together. How Wee Learn
2. Use this homemade Quick and Easy Baggie Maze for your preschooler. Powerful Mothering
3. Use Felt For Imaginative Play and all you have to do is add some little animal figures. Buggy and Buddy
4. This Button Snake will have your child busy for a while! Wait ‘Til Your Father Gets Home
5. Check out this Goodnight Moon I Spy Bottle that is perfect for quiet time. Mama.Pappa.Bubba.
6. You can make your own Magnetic Pom Pom Balls with just a few cheap things and a great way for the littles to get creative. The Journals of a Laura Ingalls Wilder Wannabe
7. Kids of all ages love these Geoboards that are also a handy home supply! The Crafty Crow
8. Create your own Velcro Popsicle Sticks for some great shape building and imaginative play. Tot Treasures
9. These Calming Bottles are perfect for quiet time and so simple to make. Mess For Less
10. Make this Mailbox and Letters Quiet Book for your little one as a great go-to activity. Imagine Our Life
11. This Cardboard Threading Activity is perfect for toddlers as a quiet activity and made with materials from home! The Imagination Tree
12. Any of these Pattern Activities are great for preschoolers and toddlers to learn patterns quietly. How Wee Learn
13. Add these Color Sorting Pipe Cleaners to your quiet time box and your kids can work on learning colors. Indulgy
14. Your kids can work diligently with this Pizza Pizza Party. Kids Activities Blog
15. Let the kids have a quiet Pizza Pizza Party with this homemade felt pizza pie. My Little Sonbeam
If you need help with other ideas then here are some other common supplies for quiet time boxes:
1. Melissa and Doug Deluxe Latches Board has multiple latches, locks, and hands on activity.
14. Snap Cubes
Have a favorite activity or idea for quiet time? Share your ideas!