Another year is coming to a close. My blog is five and a half years old and each year it is so interesting to look back over the previous twelve months and see the growth and the change.
There really is a lot that goes into this blog. A site will not grow on luck. There is a process from an editorial standpoint, research to know what is trending and what your readers want, creation of content, editing content, optimizing content, promotion … you get the idea.
To still be plugging along after 5 years really is exciting. One of the biggest things I’ve learned is the most predictable aspect of blogging is that things are always changing. And if we do not keep up with the change our sites can become obsolete.
In the last year Pinterest, Google and Yahoo search engines and very loyal readers are the top reasons my site is read. These are the avenues that generated the most traffic for Crystal & Co., in 2013.
Here is a recap of the top ten posts for the year.
- Coupon Resources- this is a collection of 20+ sites that help you save money and cut down on your grocery bill. THis page was viewed over 239,600 times in 2013.
- Crockpot Ravioli- still the most popular recipe on my site with over 100,000 pins to day.
- Letter of the Week Preschool Craft: A is for Alligator- love this series. We covered a new letter every week and A is for Alligator was one of the most popular.
- A-Z Letter of the Week Crafts for Preschoolers- the entire collection of the alphabet. Super fun and very proud of how well this series did.
- Easy Recipes- my index of 100+ recipes that are perfect for busy families.
- Crockpot Chicken and Noodles- this is a family favorite.
- Inexpensive Summer Activities for Kids- it is summer somewhere on the globe. This post is popular year round.
- Free Preschool Printable Handwriting Sheet- customize the sheet to print your child’s name for handwriting practice.
- Crockpot Enchilada Casserole- an older recipe from my site but very popular.
- Broccoli Pasta Salad- one of my favorite recipes ever!
My goal for 2014 is to continue to grow and provide you the best content I can while always being someone you can relate to. I love coming here every day and sharing with you guys and I adore the messages I get from you privately. Fellow bloggers who remind me they are praying for me, readers who tell me they are in love with my site, pictures you send me when you complete one of my projects. I love it all and I am beyond grateful.
I hope that each time you visit my site you find something useful that can help you no matter if it is educational, a recipe, a solution or just every day life ideas.
Enjoy your time with your family as we get ready to enter 2014. I would love to know what you loved most about 2013 and what your goals are for the new year.