Are you a blogger and wanting to grow your site and readership?
Kelli, from 3 Boys and a Dog, and I are hanging out every Tuesday morning at 10:00 am CST over on Google+ and sharing our how to blog secrets.
This week we discussed Facebook. We had two guests join us, Dana, from A Slob Comes Clean and Susie from Susie QT Pies. Both of these ladies have been blogging for a long time and are a wealth of information. Interestingly enough, they both have very different perspective on utilizing Facebook to grow your site and I just love that!
Dana, a very successful local Dallas blogger, shares her organic growth secrets and how she optimizes her reach over on Facebook. Susie, a sought after Social Media Assistant and Virtual Assistant, reminds us that Facebook really is a place for building community and generating pageviews from Facebook to your blog can be very difficult. I love all of the advice that each of them shared!
I love Susie’s point in this video about Facebook being the new Yellow Pages phone book. So very true. Brands, if you are reading this, watch this video for direct consumer insight!
The video is a bit long, but pause it and come back as needed. You will not want to miss anything we covered. And we will try really hard to keep the videos to 30 minutes or less, but some of this info is just too good to hold off on sharing.
Beginner Tasks for this Week:
- Determine how you can use Facebook to promote your specific niche – so what is your niche and how can you question you readers in that.
- Post on your Facebook EVERY DAY! Do not do it automatically. (She elaborates on this in the video. You can utilize scheduling features, but do not have your post automatically populate on Facebook. Do it manually.)
- Update your profile!
Advanced Tasks for this Week:
- Create (or have made) a Facebook freebie. (resources listed in video)
- Build your page by interacting with the followers – be consistently inconsistent!
- Play with Adding apps to your Facebook – quote of the week, fan of the week, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
Join us next week (2-26-13) at 10:00 am CST over on Google+ as we discuss Stumbleupon! Let me know if you need an invite so you can RSVP. You will need to be in either my circle or Kelli’s circle to get an invite, but we can totally make that happen for you!