This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Oceanview Wooden Swing Set from Backyard Discovery™.
You know we have all boys, right? If you’ve ever been around us, or any family with a bunch of boys, the energy is plentiful. Give my boys the opportunity to play outside and they are very happy campers.
During our homeschool day, when we need a break from traditional learning, I often encourage my boys to go in the backyard and play, play, play. Get moving. Be creative. Enjoy the sunshine and the fresh air, no matter the season.
There are so many benefits to outdoor play for children. I have witnessed it firsthand. Have you ever considered how important it is to incorporate activities for kids that are done outside?
5 Benefits of Outside Play for Kids
- Its a great way to burn off energy. I remember when my older boys were in public school (we’ve homeschooled since 2012) the first thing they wanted to do when they came home from school was play outside. Children, especially boys, need to be allowed to use up that energy they have. Let them explore!
- It encourages imaginary play and creativity. Give children a backyard and they will explore and have fun in the simplest ways, yet the most creative ways. This is so healthy, both mentally and physically.
- Swing sets allow children to build motor skills and exercise. Climbing up to the top of the clubhouse is getting them moving. Monkey bar races are super fun. Who can swing the longest and/or highest can become a super fun game. Exercise really can be fun.
- Playing together on play equipment is an invitation for team building. Let your kids have fun together building each other up and cheering each other on.
- This is also an awesome way to build independence and confidence. Children do not have to have a partner to play with when exploring on the swing set or in the clubhouse. And they do not have to have mom or dad right under their feet. Let them discover independence in your own backyard.
Last week we were given an Oceanview Wooden Swing Set from Backyard Discovery™ for my sweet boys.
For years I have wanted to get them a large, wooden swing set. And for just as many years my boys have begged us to build a clubhouse or a tree house. We were blessed beyond measure when last week, this finally became a reality for us and the Oceanview Wooden Swing Set was delivered to our door!
Their crew found the perfect place in our backyard for the set and assembled it in a little under 8 hours.
My boys and I could not stay away from the window watching the progress all day long. It was like a dream come true- such a blessing.
The Oceanview Wooden Swing Set is very well made. It was like they were building a house in my backyard. Everything was measured out and came together perfectly.
Look at them building here. That staircase is super sturdy and solid. It held the weight of adults.
The (cedar) lumber was pre-cut and pre-drilled, so I know this made their job a bit easier.
And remember that clubhouse my boys wanted? It’s part of this swing set! How amazing is that?
Let me say, right now one of our 9-year-old twins has been struggling a lot with anxiety. Part of the anxiety seems to be directly connected to video game playing. He is currently on “vacation” from video games. He is totally ok with that. Our backyard has become a retreat for him. A place to relax, reflect with quiet time and investigate the outdoors.
This hammock is one of his favorite places to escape right now.
This backyard set has been perfect for our family, and I think your family would adore it, too.
This would make a perfect Christmas or birthday gift for any family with children. It is available at Sam’s Club, on Amazon, and on their website!
Backyard Discovery™ is sponsoring a giveaway from 11/18/15 to 12/11/15. One winner will be selected to one (1) Oceanview Wooden Swing Set delivered to the winner* (ARV $1,399, excluding installation). What an amazing gift! Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter to win.
*Winner will give Backyard Discovery™ permission to use their name and likeness for publicity.
I encourage you to get your kids moving and exploring! Here are my boys in action with our Oceanview Wooden Swing Set! You can learn more about the product and swing set options here.