Do you ever have look at the endless piles of laundry in your house and wonder when it will end? I mean seriously I feel so accomplished when my laundry is done and the hamper is empty. It is as if I have solved some worldly problem by providing clothes for the needy children in my house.
I never thought as a mom of 3 boys that the laundry would be what it is. I figured boys would be easy. They are dirty and smelly and don’t mind stains so it is not as if we have a runway of attire to model day in and day out.
I was wrong. Oh so wrong!
Laundry consumes my life. I know all of you can relate. It is a struggle and once the hamper is empty and everything is washed that feeling of accomplishment is quickly overshadowed by the next load that accumulated within the past 30 seconds. Why does that happen.
As a mom the laundry room is such a central element of function to the house besides the kitchen. We spend a lot of time in there. Who wouldn’t want their laundry room to be picturesque and orderly? I know I do! That said, I also need for any makeover to be simple, budget friendly and practical!
7 Simple Ways To Makeover Your Laundry Room
1. Paint it! A quick and easy paint job of your choice as an accent wall or just freshen up the whole room. You would be surprised at what a little paint can do!
2. Storage is a must have. Rather than worry about accents you can liven up your laundry room with the inexpensive perks of storage baskets. Everyone needs storage baskets even if you are just using them for laundry!
3. Consider more shelving. Shelving really makes a difference for storage options. This can be added for very minimal costs and really easy. Choose something that will hold the things you need to clear up space and clutter.
4. Hanging some attractive hooks for holding the ironing board, broom, or mop make a hige difference in decorative features for super cheap!
5. Consider a lost sock clothes line, bucket, or jar. There is a conspiracy surrounding lost socks I know it! Creating a place for those who have lost mates will make it easier to pair them back up!
6. Build a laundry sorting system that fits your needs. Laundry can be conquered in no time if it is already sorted. A basket system with labels for laundry colors are a perfect way to stay organized and keep your laundry contained.
7. Sometimes the efforts of your laundry room are exhausted because of your appliances! Check into something that fits your budget and will get the job done all in one.
Get Stains Out Easily
Laundry Room Before and After
We recently upgraded our laundry room with some amazing appliances from Nebraska Furniture Mart. If you have not had a chance to visit their store you must go! Such a great resource for anything in the house. So here is our laundry room before Samsung came into our lives.
Gotta love that cat.
And here is what life is like now.
This Samsung 5.0 Cubic Foot Top Load Washer and Samsung 7.4 Cubic Foot Electric Dryer are what we got and they are so contemporary in style. I feel as though I am saving lives one load at a time with this set! The washer has a patented built-in sink that is simple amazing for pre-treatment before washing.It has a wonderful new integrated touch control design that the perfect blend of form and function. On top of that it can wash a full load in 36 minutes.
The dryer is Energy Star certified and has multi-steam technology. It also has ECO dry and a vent sensor and steam options. In a hurry an no time to iron just turn on the steam feature and done. It also works great for removing odors and bacteria too! These are top of the line in the laundry market and my laundry room operates so much more efficiently with them!
Just look at the amazing features on this video!
Does your laundry room need some TLC? Share your ideas for fixing things up!