At heart, I love to be a girly girl. But the reality is, I am surrounded by boys, and dirt, and snakes, and snails, and puppy dog tails.
Ok, we don’t have a puppy dog. But when my boys get dirty they smell like little wet puppy dogs. Does that count?
Boys really are pretty simple. They dress up once a year- Easter. That is when they wear an argyle sweater vest, dress pants and we comb their hair like little men.
Other than that, they are pretty go-with-the- flow. I must remind them to wash their hands (with soap, please) and I am slowly learning to embrace the fact that they honestly could care less if their fingernails are dirty and that geckos carry salmonella.
Sometimes I have to stop and look and acknowledge that I really get a little too comfortable with simple. At heart, I would love to be a girly girl most of the time. I want to wear my hair all kinds of fancy and wear lip gloss and wedged heels.
Little Penelope Lane has made it very simple for me to be fancy schmancy in a flash. Even when I am surrounded by little boys. Everything in her shop is handmade by Sarah Hull and is incredibly affordable.
Like that Red Rider Head Wrap I am wearing? It is currently on sale in her shop for $6. You better snag one up before they are all sold out!
The head wraps are easy to wear. If I can do it, you can do it. I like to pull my hair up in a pony tail, adjust the wrap and tie. Then I let the pony tail down and it all falls into place.
Her selection of head wraps are just adorable, to be worn by the young and the young at heart. All wraps are $8, unless they are on sale. You’ve gotta check them out.
Sarah Hull’s inspiration for her shop really touched my heart. Back in 2003 her oldest daughter was born with Spina Bifida. I have a cousin who is now in her 20’s and was also born with Spina Bifida. Sarah noticed that when she would take her daughter to doctor appointments with a bow in her hair, her daughter would get extra attention from the doctor. She also noticed that other children would notice the bow first instead of her walker or her wheelchair. Sarah made a few bows and the rest is history. Three children and an online boutique later, Sarah is helping moms and daughters feel beautiful everywhere.
Sarah also sent me some hair clips to try out. I have super fine hair and most that I’ve bought just fall out of my hair. These from Little Penelope Lane are made from alligator clips. They stay put, even in fine hair.
I have worn the clips in my hair from the time I style it until it is time to go to bed, and not once do I have to readjust it because it is falling out or bothering me. Not once. I’ve been testing these clips for about 4 weeks.
I love the assortment of possibilities with these clips. The collection of colors could go on and on and are perfect for any little girls hair, or an adult.
Sarah also has precious headbands, bigger flower clips, cutesy clips in the shape of a cupcake, and owl or a strawberry, etc. It really is a site that offers fun for all ages. If you are wanting to fancy your hair up a bit, fancy your little one’s hair, or want to start collecting stocking stuffers, Christmas exchange gifts, etc., now is the time to hop over to Little Penelope Lane!
Want a chance to win two hair wraps from her shop? I have a giveaway!
- Choose the ways you want to enter.
- Enter once or enter all 9 ways.
- Leave a comment for each entry with your email address.
- Get all of your entries in by Monday August 1, 2011, at 11:59 pm central time.
- Winner will be chosen using Random.org and announced on my site.
- Winner will choose two hair wraps of their choice from the Little Penelope Lane shop.
Ways to Enter
- Hop over to Little Penelope Lane and tell me what some of your favorite items are.
- Become a Google Friend Connect follower of the Little Penelope Lane blog (right sidebar on her site).
- Follow Little Penelope Lane on Twitter.
- Follow Little Penelope Lane on Facebook.
- Follow Crystal & Co on Twitter.
- Follow Crystal & Co on Facebook.
- Follow Crystal & Co via Google Friend Connect (right side bar).
- Subscribe to get my daily emails (right side bar).
- Tweet this once per day with the link: RT @crystalandcomp has an awesome #giveaway from @PenelopeLn online shop. http://bit.ly/qTMjN6 Ends 8/1/11.
(If you mention Crystal & Co or Penelope Lane on Facebook, you do not want to mention the word giveaway or we could be marked as SPAM. I learned the hard way last month and my page could not be tagged for shared for over 3 weeks.)
Bored? You can read my disclosure here.