Do you use coconut oil in your home?
The benefits are amazing! There are so many uses for coconut oil and it is a healthy alternative to many of the harsh chemical fabricated products we use on a daily basis. There are even uses that you would not even think of. From pets to people, coconut oil is a natural and beneficial agent for overall health.
I am going to show you fifty ways to use coconut oil at home. It will make your life so much easier!
1. Moisturize your skin! Yep that’s right! Keep your skin looking youthful and healthy and it only takes a little bit to get the job done.
2. Make your own soap. Simply use your ingredients and add coconut oil.
3. Substitute your cooking oils. Cooking with coconut oil provides healthy benefits and is a good alternative to butter and other cooking oils.
4. Apply it as a hair mask. Turn dry hair soft with a once in a while coconut oil hair mask.
5. Get an energy boost! Yep use a small amount for a quick burst of daily energy.
6. Heal your heartburn. Cure your heartburn and acid reflux with 1-2 teaspoons that gets rids of that awful burning feeling.
7. Grease up your baking dishes. Apply coconut oil before baking to keep your best dishes from sticking.
8. Stop those squeaky doors. Coconut oil works great to grease hinges to stop that annoying squeaking.
9. Heal bruises. Put a little on top of the bruise for a quicker healing time.
10. Stop dust! A little coconut oil on wood surfaces keeps dust from collecting but also creates a great shine.
11. Clear up psoriasis and eczema. Apply a little to the area for a quick cure and effort to fight the causing bacteria. Here is a homemade eczema cream recipe.
12. Smooth out a beard or mustache. Coconut oil is great for taming those wild facial hairs! One can also go on numan for the best medicines for beard growth and grooming.
13. Soften your pets hair! Use it on your dogs and even your horses and wash out with soap and you have healthy soft hair!
[Tweet “Did you know you can use coconut oil on your pet? #natural #diy #coconutoil”]
14. Grease up a bicycle chain. If you ride bikes a lot with your family you will appreciate this one!
15. Fight acne. That’s right coconut oil fights acne causing bacteria. So helpful for teens and others who struggle with blemishes.
16. Remove rust. Have something you want to fix up? Apply a little to rusty spots to clean them up.
17. Promote overall health. Taking at least tablespoons of coconut oil everyday prevents food related bacteria with natural antiviral and antimicrobial agents.
18. Help painful or teething gums. Applying a little coconut oil clears up redness, swelling, and soothes discomfort.
19. Fight off ringworm. Coconut oil is full of bacteria and fungal fighting agents so treating ringworm with a simple 3 day application.
20. Clear up dry scalp and dandruff. Coconut oil is great as a remedy for dry scalp.
21. Reduce wrinkles. Lessen the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines with coconut oil application daily.
22. Get rid of cradle cap. Fighting cradle cap in babies can be tough. Try out a little coconut oil.
23. Smooth those cracked heels. Soften and smooth out those dry heels.
24. Clean your dog’s ears. Coconut oil is a quick and chemical free agent for cleaning and revamping the skin.
25. Fight pesky hangnails. Rub a little around those nails that are prone to hangnails to fight them off.
26. Help peeling, itchy, sunburned skin. Applying a little while in the sun or afterwards helps fight that itchy mess. You can try this homemade cream as well.
27. Prevent stretchmarks. If you are pregnant you will really like this one. A small application keep your skin healthy and moisturized while your belly is growing.
28. Fight foot fungus. That’s right. You can get rid of athletes foot with coconut oils bacteria fighting agents.
29. Soothe your pups dry nose. Rub a little on your dogs scaly nose to make it smooth.
30. Freshen your breath. The bacteria fighting agents ward off unwanted smelly breath with a quick swish.
31. Moisten a chapped nose or cheeks. A small application goes a long way and soothes and treats the dry skin. You can even use it to protect a baby’s bottom making this rash cream.
32. Remedy those cracked doggy pads. Just like people dogs get dry feet so smooth those pads on your dogs feet.
33. Repel bugs. Add in your favorite essential oil like peppermint or citrus to fight off the bugs.
34. Soothe bee stings. Reduce swelling and the pain from the sting with coconut oil.
35. Reduce your pet’s hairballs. You can improve digestive function in your cat or dog by rubbing it on their paws.
36. Fight your cough and sore throat. Coconut oil eases the itchy, raspy, and irritated throat with a simple teaspoon.
37. Heal wounds. There are a ton of natural healing agents perfect for wounds.
38. Aide the fight in osteoporosis. Help you body absorb calcium by also using coconut oil.
39. Fight constipation. Daily use of coconut oil keeps your digestive system on track especially if you suffer with constipation.
40. Serve up in dog treats. Mix up coconut oil in ice trays with peanut butter or yogurt for delicious, healthy treat in your dogs.
41. Make your own vapor rub. Mix up a little coconut oil and peppermint for a quick vapor rub remedy.
42. Soothe rashes. Apply coconut oil to rashy skin to help with irritation.
43. Remove gum or other sticky stuff. Gum in the hair or a tough sticky surface spot. No worries coconut oil does the trick!
44. Remove your makeup. Use it to remove your makeup naturally without a build up of chemicals.
45. Lower your cholesterol. Use coconut oil to help the build up of bad cholesterol.
46.Get rid of soap scum. Have soap scum in your shower or tub. Rub on a little coconut oil and let it eat away the mess!
47. Season your cast iron pans. Apply coconut oil to your cast iron pans to create the perfect cooking seasoning.
48. Use it for diaper cream. Coconut oil is a great remedy for chapped bottoms and its an excellent alternative to traditional creams.
49. Remedy dry, cracked breasts. Breastfeeding is challenging for moms and using creams is questionable so use coconut oil to prevent to painful cracking.
50. Shave with it! You can use coconut oil to shave and prevent bumps and irritation especially those of you with sensitive skin. Here is a recipe I have for making homemade shaving cream.
[Tweet “Here are 50 ways to use coconut oil at home. #diy #natural #coconutoil”]
I order unrefined, organic coconut oil online all the time.
I spoke earlier this week at a local women’s group and we talked about things you can make at home and the amazing benefits of things like coconut oil. The room was a mixture of generations and everyone was interested and amazed at the many ways to incorporate this into their home.
Do you have any remedies or tips that use coconut oil? Share your best ideas!