Family favorite dinners at our house As a busy mom, I need for all of the dinners on my meal plan to be easy recipes that require little to no babysitting, use common household ingredients and come together easily.
Chicken recipes always make my weeknight dinner meal plan. They are cheap to make as well as quick and easy. I do rotation of chicken thighs, breasts and whole birds often.
I also have to mention, meal planning for my large family is essential at my house if I want to get dinner on the table, save money on our grocery bill and stay out of the drive-thru lines.
What Side Dishes Pair Well with Chicken
We do a combination of different sides, but these are some of our favorites:
- side salad
- mashes potatoes
- steamed veggies
Here is a collection of our favorite delicious chicken dinner ideas. Some of these are comfort foods, quick dinners, etc. I think you will love them all!
- Chicken Orzo Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Vodka Chicken Pasta (No Alcohol)
- Easy Chicken Divan Casserole
- Crockpot Crushed Tomato and Chicken Soup
- Crockpot Chicken and Zucchini over Bowtie Pasta
- Crockpot Chicken and Noodles
- Chicken and Summer Squash over Rice
- Crockpot Orange Chicken Stirfry
- Chicken Artichoke Tomato Pizza
- Chicken Nachos (using leftovers)
- Crockpot Creamy Chicken Tacos
- Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas using Leftover Meat
- Crockpot Pineapple Chicken Stirfry
- Puerto Rican Stew
- Baked Puerto Rican Chicken
- Light Pasta Chicken Dish (30 Minute Meal)
- Baked Ranch Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Stock (guest post)
- Honey Catalina Chicken in the Crockpot (two ingredients)
- Baked White Spaghetti
- Italian Crockpot Chicken
- Crockpot Corn and Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Crockpot Spicy Apricot Chicken (guest post)
- Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- Sesame Ginger Chicken (over rice and veggies)
- Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad
Cheap Chicken and Rice Recipes
If you’re on a budget and you’re looking for dinner ideas that is budget friendly and will go a long way, check out our cheap chicken and rice recipes.
How Do You Keep Chicken from Drying Out
Chicken thighs are a great juicy meat option, but there are other things to keep in mind as well.
Don’t overcook the chicken, when making baked chicken ensure that you keep it covered, when cooking it in the slow cooker drizzle some olive oil over breasts and ensure there is enough liquid in the crock.
What Should I Do with Chicken Breasts
There are many recipe ideas shared in this post, but one thing I love to do is cook them and shred them and freeze them in 2-3 cup portions. Shredded chicken is great to use in casseroles, soups and stir frys.
What Kind of Pan Should I Bake Chicken In?
Cast iron skillets or pans cook chicken very well, but glass and metal work nicely too. Just pay attention to the temperature that you’re cooking the food at.