Are you struggling with finding the best Halloween costume?
This time of year is super fun but as moms with multiple kids it is sometimes hard to find exactly what are kids want and also without exceeding our budget!
For our boys the decision of what they want to be for Halloween really begins sometimes during the summer. Do your kids do this too? It is actually entertaining to hear over the span of a few months how many times they change their minds.
Sometimes store bought costumes just don’t fit the personality of our kids, our budgets, or are anything they are remotely interested in so here is a little inspiration for you. Don’t get scared. I am talking about homemade costumes. This can be done ladies. It is possible to make your own and make it totally awesome even if you have never done this before. So check out these 25 ideas that are super awesome DIY Halloween costumes for kids and I am sure you will be inspired!
1. This Homemade Lego Costume seriously could not get any easier and can be made in 30 minutes! Crystal & Co.
2. You will love this simple Olaf Costume that is made in no time! Crystal & Co
3. Make this Rubik’s Cube Costume that only requires a few materials and is perfect for any age. Instructables
4. This DIY Scuba Diver Costume is super cute, easy to make, and can be used for several different ages! Delineate Your Dwelling
5. You can easily make these beautiful Felt Butterfly Wings to accent any fairy or delicate costume you like. Buggy and Buddy
6. These Homemade Jellyfish Costumes don’t skimp on the detail and are sure to win any costume contest. Coolest Homemade Costumes
7. This Peter Pan Costume is totally jaw dropping and so easy to make at home. Make It & Love It
8. Who says girls can’t be Darth Vader? Check out this Darth Vader Princess Costume that is a perfect twist! Craftster
9. Why not dress the kiddos in pairs with this Mario & Luigi Costume that even has the mustaches. Smashed Peas & Carrots
10. Let the kiddos go as a favorite sweet treat in this Bag of Jelly Beans Costume that simply uses balloons. Modern Kiddo
11. If you have a Lego fan in your house they will think this Indiana Jones Lego Man is super cool! Instructables
12. Check out this Bat Girl Costume made easily with felt in superhero fashion. Blonde Designs
13. If your kids are wild about minions then these Despicable Me Costumes will be a big hit! Coolest Homemade Costumes
14. Dress your princess in this great Flower Pot Costume that will definitely stand out. Dukes & Duchesses
15. If you know how-to crochet this Where’s Waldo Costume will be a cinch to make at home. Repeat Crafter Me
16. Create your own Clark Kent that knocks the traditional Superman costume out of the park! Money Saving Amanda
17. This Wonder Woman Costume is the perfect classic superhero for any crime fighting girl! Blonde Designs
18. These sweet No Sew Bear Costumes are the easiest and great for those cooler temperatures. See Vanessa Craft
19. Make this DIY Skully The Parrot Costume that is an inspiration from the favorite Disney show. Mom Endeavors
20. This cute Bat Costume is great for boys or girls and includes a tutorial for the wings and ears. Buggy and Buddy
21. Don’t spend a fortune on these amazing DIY Elsa Costume from Frozen. What’s Up Fagans
22. This throw together Garden Gnome Costume is perfect for a class party or festival. Adventure In A Box
23. Try out this No Sew Buzz Lightyear Costume that looks straight out of the movie! Fun at Home With Kids
24. Take things tech and create this iPad Halloween Costume complete with free app printables. Kids Activities Blog
25. This Angry Birds Costume is always a hit for kids and can easily be made into any color your child wants. I Can Teach My Child
What are your best ideas for creating a costume this Halloween. Share your DIY projects!
More Homemade Halloween Costumes: