This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
Our preschooler starts another year of Mother’s Day Out next week. He is super excited and it’s three fun days for him each week.
One thing he loves is getting to help pack his lunch and carry his lunch to school.
Luke Henry generally has special requests for his lunchbox. He loves to graze and likes to eat finger foods.
Let me share with you some of our favorite lunchbox ideas for Mother’s Day Out.
Our Favorite Mothers Day Lunch Ideas
- cheese sticks (Like every single day… this is great protein too! We love Horizon!)
- fresh fruits and veggies (We like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
- crackers (We love cheddar sandwich crackers.)
- peanut butter and pear sandwich (Have you ever tried this?? Soooo good. Skip the jelly and use think slices pear slices instead. We also dust it with a little cinnamon too.)
- chocolate milk
- nuts and dried fruit (which we love in the Good & Go! packs from Horizon)
- pretzels (these are great for dipping too!)
- deli meat rolled up with cheese slices
- yogurt (LH loves his yogurt!)
- hard boiled eggs
Kroger and Horizon have partnered to make sure you are able to easily find and serve more natural and organic foods to your family this back to school season. Have you seen the Natural Food Department in Kroger? So many amazing options. Here is what it looks like at our Kroger. I can always find my favorite organic items here.
This is what a lunch for Luke Henry looks like. We love using the section plastic containers. Everything gets a spot and has it’s own space. We pop the lid on it and put it in an insulated lunch bag with an ice pack. And the chocolate milk is a real treat for him in a school lunch.
Horizon makes packing lunches stress free for this mama and I can feel good about what he is eating. Love how easy they make it to eat healthy!
Have you seen these Good & Go packs? Not only are they super delicious, but they are perfect for lunches and snacks on the go. Even our one year old loves them!
I am ready for another season of packing lunches for Mother’s Day Out. Are you?
What are your favorite organic and healthy items to pack in your preschoolers lunch?