|Happy Meal Toys|
From time to time we will grab a kiddy meal from Chick-fil-a or McD’s after school as a snack. And yes, there are times I feed my children drive-thru for dinner. Shame on me, I know. Sometimes we eat dinner at a restaurant that gives packets of crayons. With five kids, and two bigger kids who are really not into the toys anymore, these really start to pile up. And honestly, how many Shrek watches do we really need? On the flip side, some of these goodies (like from Chick-fil-a) are educational books, games or cd’s. But still they pile up.
Here is what I have done as we accumulate, and acquire, duplicate happy meal toys. I have a large bag I keep them in and use them for things like:
- filling birthday party goody bags (party bags)
- donate to your child’s classroom teacher or Sunday school teacher for their class treasure chest (teachers will adore you for this one!)
- make a home treasure chest (reward system)
- stocking stuffers for your little ones at Christmas
- make a small gift bag for a little one who is becoming a big brother or big sister using a few of these toys. It will make them feel special and you’re using things you already have on hand.
What do you do with extra happy meal toys?