Is there that one crafting and creation supply for preschoolers and young learners that you just can’t live without? Ok, maybe it’s really one item that comes in eight different color? You know the one. You grab them from your craft closet and your kiddos’ eyes light up.
You know I share new ideas with you guys constantly sharing ways to use dabber dot markers with your littles. They are an excellent way to increase hand and eye coordination. I love that they build fine motor skills. Hand dexterity is being built as you flip the dabber up and down marking your spot. They encourage color identification, which is huge as preschoolers (and toddlers) and learning the names of colors. Honestly, the list of benefits go on and on.
Have you ever considered using dabber dot markers as a way to teach your little one? We use them all of time in our homeschooling and they are a clean way to express and learn as there are no brushes, mixing, etc.,you just take off the cap and create! We love these from Fiddle and Doodle!
Let me show you some of the super fun ways to create with dabber dot markers as you are teaching and encouraging you sweet children! (These are perfect for preschool classrooms too!! Shout out to all of our teachers out there!)
Ways to Learn Using Dabber Dot Markers
1) Using a blank sheet of white paper, write your child’s name with pencil. Have them us the dabber dot marker of their choice to trace their name. Or, start slow and only trace one letter of the alphabet at a time. Say the letter with them as they trace each letter.
2) Using a sheet of white printer paper or a light color sheet of construction paper, write the numbers 1-5 in a vertical column on the far left hand side of the paper with a pencil or marker. (You can do up to 6 or 7 if you can fit that many numbers without cramming the them together.) Have your child use the markers to make a dot to the right hand side of each number representing the number in dots. Use a different color for each number. out aloud together as your child makes their dots.
Are your kids into Pokemon? Here is a fun 12 page Count with Pokemon pack that any young one would love!
3) Take a couple of sheets of paper and cut them into rectangles that are all the same size. We are going to use these to make paper dominoes. Draw a line on each rectangle to divide it in half. Let the kids make the dots for the dominoes using the dabber dot markers. The is super fun an when you’re done you can use the paper dominoes to be create and make math games!
4) Encourage your kiddos to make picture using the dabbers. They can create rainbows, abstracts, fill the page with different colors and shapes. Let them be creative. Older kids can even use a pencil to draw out something more complex like a house and trees. Then, use the dabbers to color them pictures in. They will love this!!
5) Use the dabbers to count numbers. This is how I learned to count in Kindergarten (minus the dabber markers but how cool would this have been!?). It’s called Touch Math.
6) Print out educational printables, like the apple pages below, and use the dabber dot markers to follow the instructions on each page. There is an activity pad that comes with each set of these markers which is super fun and educational for kids!
7) Use dabber dot markers to cut! That’s right! Draw lines on a sheet of paper using the dabber bot markers. The lines can be curvy, straight, zig zag, etc. Let your young leaner use scissors to cut following the lines. This is excellent skill building on so many levels.
8) Dabber dot markers are a great tool to have as you teach children how to do visual scanning. This is a key learning activity many children learn in preschool. We have a 26 preschool letter worksheets (one for each letter of the alphabet) where young learners search for specific letters on each page.
Fiddle and Doodle Dabber Dot Marker Set
There are so many ways to learn with dabber dot makers. Right Crystal & Co., readers can grab an 8 pack Fiddle and Doodle Dabber Dot Marker Pack on Amazon for 10% off if you purchase 1 set and 15% if you purchase 2 sets! This also includes a fun activity pad too! Go here and then use the promo code FIDOSALE at check out! These are perfect for your homeschool supply box, perfect for preschool and elementary school teachers and perfect for public school parents looking to supplement their child’s education at home. Hurry, this sale ends September 18, 2016!
I am giving away 1 set of 8 markers and activity pad to one lucky Crystal & Co., reader who lives in the US! Use the box below to enter! xoxo