Laundry. It seems like such a chore. Such a draining chore at that. I mean it piles up in the blink of an eye and literally as a mom I can say that for as much laundry done in my house, I am pretty sure I am washing the clothes of people that do not even live with me. I think some days I spend just as much time in my laundry room as I do my kitchen.
Even though this chore is totally draining, no fun at all, and seriously super boring it is always something that has to be done. So with that being said when I think of tackling my laundry I try to keep it simple. After all how hard can one task be? You start the water, you add the soap, the machine does the dirty work, and you are left to put things away. I think that is the part I dread. You would be surprised at just how quick and painless laundry can be with these tips that simplify!
5 Laundry Tips To Make Things Simple
1. Conquer stains right away. This is a tough one and I am totally guilty of not spraying or tending to a pesky stain until it has already set in. Take the time to address the stains when they happen so you aren’t bummed out later over the fact it doesn’t totally come out. Use this laundry stain removal guide to get it right the first time!
2. Sort as the laundry piles up. Have multiple laundry hampers or baskets that you can immediately toss the appropriate colors in. So when it is full just dump the laundry in, wash, and go!
3. Cut costs on laundry detergent by making your own. Seriously this is such a saving grace for my house and we use this simple laundry detergent recipe that works on tough stains and smells great!
4. Keep your washing machine clean too. You can’t have clean clothes without making sure the machine stays nice and clean too! Here is a super easy way to clean your washing machine.
5. Don’t skip the pre-soak when needed! My new Samsung 5.0 Cubic Foot Top Load Washer has a patented built-in sink that is simple amazing for pre-treatment before washing.It has a wonderful new integrated touch control design that the perfect blend of form and function. So when I am fighting a tough stain I soak it in the attached sink and even use the inside for scrubbing the stain too!
Get Stains Out Easily
Check Out The Easy Laundry Room Makeover
Check out the makeover here.
We got our new set from Nebraska Furniture Mart. This washer just blows my mind at just how clean the laundry gets in no time. The attached sink makes things super simple with my house full of boys and I can get a load of laundry done in around 36 minutes. Leaving me feeling accomplished! These are simply tips to make the whole laundry process efficient.
Need some other tips for changing up your laundry room? Take a peek at the way we updated our laundry room on the cheap with these 7 Simple Ways To Revamp Your Laundry Room.