We have basically touched on DIY Halloween costumes for all ages except teens and tweens. These guys can be difficult!
At this age it is really all about appearance but there is some major room for creativity!
So lets talk about this. Of course as this age gets older heading out on a candy hunt isn’t exactly what they are planning but Halloween costume contests, festivals, and other social gatherings are right up their alley!
Make something that will stand out from the crowd and make them unique!
23 Totally Cool Tween & Teen Costume Ideas
1. Take things Greek with this No Sew Athena Costume that is simple but elegant. Mom Behind The Curtain
2. This Homemade Peacock Costume is absolutely amazing and your tween or teen can certainly help with the project! Something Good
3. Make this Kooky Klaw Costume that is exactly like those age old machines you find in the arcade. Costume Works
4. Pinocchio can be a girl in this awesome costume complete with some animation. Coolest Homemade Costumes
5. This Mad Hatter Costume is super cool and has tons of easy accent pieces. Costume Works
6. The older kids will love this classic Jessie Costume from Toy Story. Coolest Homemade Costumes
7. These No Sew Indian Costumes are perfect for kids of all ages and super simple to make! See Vanessa Craft
8. If your teen or tween is attending a masquerade this Masquerade Mask Tutorial is so cool for creating the most unique mask. Red Ted Art
9. Check out this DIY Wonder Woman Costume that features a how to on making all of the accent pieces. Foster 2 Forever
10. Your tween or teen could easily throw this Darla Costume From Nemo with an outfit from home and braces made of foil. Seventeen
11. Your kids go go as a group with their friends and dress as The Four Seasons with these easy outfits. Seventeen
12. This Homemade Pumpkin Costume is perfect for a teen or tween and is super orange. Coolest Homemade Costumes
13. Your child will love this take on Alice in Wonderland where you can incorporate a furry friend. Keiko Lynn
14. Make this Homemade Vending Machine perfect for any Halloween festival. Heart In Hand Creations
15. Pull off this cute group costume idea of Lumiere and Babette from Beauty and the Beast. Costume Works
16. Your teen or tween could dress as Darth Vader with this complete how to costume guide to fit any size. Pulling Curls
17. Take the favorite childhood game of Rock, Paper, Scissors to a whole new level that is perfect for a group of friends or a family! Seventeen
18. This Rapunzel and Flynn Rider Costume is a great group costume idea for friends or siblings. Costume Works
19. Take a trip to your local thrift store for this Marty McFly Costume that will take you back in time! ImgFave
20. Gather up a bunch of kids and make this Complete Wizard of Oz Group Costume idea that is so awesome! Coolest Homemade Costumes
21. This cute Flamingo Costume is fluffy, pink, and a perfect Halloween outfit. Love, Lipstick, and Pearls
22. Check out this Easy Tootsie Roll Costume that is really great for any age. Coolest Homemade Costumes
23. This Pippi Longstocking Costume is totally cool complete with braided, crazy pig tails! Coolest Homemade Costumes
Have the best teen or tween costume idea? Please share!
More DIY Halloween Costumes: