This post brought to you by CORT. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Crystal and Comp.
Moving can be such a daunting experience, especially when you have a herd to move. I mean, just the thought of ever moving from our house makes me so nervous. Am I the only one who loses at least one box every move?
If your house is like mine then over the years it has become conditioned to a growing family, new things, and of course, memories. However sometimes moving is just in the cards.
No worries, I have some awesome moving tips for us all that will really make things easier.
Moving to a new place can cause some real apprehension. After all, there is the thought of transferring furniture, toys, and those precious household treasures you sure do not want to get broken. Packing can be such an overwhelming experience. The thought of it all is just a headache.
If you are a military family, relocating for a job, or just moving to change the scenery temporarily there are some ways to get the whole thing done without a hitch! Check out these tips to make moving a breeze!
1. During times of transition it can be easier to consider the thought of furniture rental rather than the worry of moving a bunch of furniture. CORT Furniture Rental is a national furniture rental company leading the industry with furniture on demand. It is there when you need and gone when you don’t need it! So no hassle with trying to move a ton of heavy belongings and you still get a home away from home and it is one less thing to worry about!
2. Stock up on boxes for free. You can spend a lot of your moving budget on boxes. Find them at your local grocery stores and department stores for free! All you have to do is ask.
3. Downsize where you can. Get rid of unnecessary stuff before you pack. (This also limits the opportunity to lose a box on the move. lol) Moving a bunch of stuff you do not need is just adding to the headache. Plan a garage sale, sell them online, or donate locally!
4. Take pictures of the back of your electronics. There is nothing more annoying than trying to figure out where all of those cords go! With a picture it is an instant refresher!
5. Use garbage bags for hanging clothes. Move all of your closets in no time by creating small groups of clothes with garbage bags. No need to rehang anything. It is just moved from one closet to another.
6. Pack one room at a time. Don’t mix up everything up by packing different rooms into one box. Pack room by room so the unpacking process is easy and simple!
7. Fix a first night box. This can be a true lifesaver. After a big move you are exhausted and just want the essentials to get through the night. This first night box idea will store everything you need for your first night’s stay!
(Check out this gorgeous living room set! I had no idea you could rent furniture this nice! Did you?)
We’ve shared our best tips. Now, you share yours!
And I would love to know, would you rent furniture, especially in a time of transition?