Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect fall treat! Made with real pumpkin puree and loaded with chocolate chips, they’re sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. And because they’re made with natural ingredients, you can enjoy them all year long.
With autumn comes the return of pumpkin spice everything. From lattes to bread, there’s no shortage of ways to get your pumpkin spice fix. And while some of these recipes can be time-consuming or require special ingredients, there are plenty of easy Pumpkin Spice Recipes that anyone can make at home. Whether you’re looking for a simple cookie recipe or a show-stopping cake, there’s sure to be a pumpkin spice recipe that’s perfect for you. So get out your baking supplies and get ready to enjoy the taste of fall.
Ingredients Needed to Make This Recipe
Here is what you need to make these delicious cookies:
- Sweet Cream Butter– Sweet cream butter is a type of butter that has a higher fat content. This means that it breaks down more easily, creating a smoother dough. Sweet cream butter also has a lower water content, which helps to prevent the cookies from spreading too much during baking.
- Pumpkin Puree– Pumpkin puree is a thick, creamy, pumpkin-based food. Pumpkin puree is usually made from pureed or canned pumpkins. Pumpkin puree is used as an ingredient in pies, pastries, puddings, breads, cookies, and other desserts.
- Granulated Sugar– Granulated sugar is an essential ingredient in cookies. It helps to create a crisp outer shell while maintaining a soft and chewy center. Sugar also helps to distribute heat evenly, resulting in cookies that are consistent in color and texture.
- Brown Sugar– Brown sugar pairs well with chocolate and spices, and it helps to create a moist and chewy texture. In addition to its flavor and texture benefits, brown sugar also helps to keep cookies fresh for longer.
- Molasses– It is often used in baking, as it adds both sweetness and depth of flavor to recipes. When added to a cookie recipe, molasses helps to create a barriers on the outside of the cookie that traps in moisture.
- Pure Vanilla Extract– Pure Vanilla Extract is important for making cookies because it provides a rich, full flavor that enhances the flavors of the other ingredients.
- All Purpose Flour– All Purpose Flour is also relatively consistent in quality, which means that your cookies will turn out the same each time you make them. If you’re looking for a reliable cookie recipe, All Purpose Flour is the way to go.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice– The most common spices used in pumpkin pie spice are cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Baking Soda– Also known as sodium bicarbonate, baking soda is a leavening agent that helps cookies to rise and become soft and fluffy. In addition to its leavening properties, baking soda also helps to keep cookies moist by absorbing excess moisture from the dough.
- Kosher Salt– Kosher salt can also dissolve more easily than other types of salt, so it helps to ensure that the cookies have a smooth texture. Also, Kosher salt has a slightly lower sodium content than table salt, so it can help to keep cookies from being too salty.
- Milk Chocolate Chips– The milk chocolate pairs well with the rich flavor of pumpkin and helps to balance out the sweetness of the cookie. The milk chocolate chips also add a lovely creaminess to the cookie.
Baking Essentials from Amazon:
Wilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece Set, Rectangle Steel Sheet PanUnbleached Parchment Paper for Baking, 12 in x 240 ft, 240 Sq.ft, Baking Paper, Non-Stick Parchment Paper Roll for Baking, Cooking, Grilling, Air Fryer and SteamingSolula Professional 18/8 Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop, Size 40Meal Prep Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls Set, Home, Refrigerator, and Kitchen Food Storage Organizers | Ecofriendly, Reusable, Heavy Duty By WHYSKOOXO Good Grips Large Wooden Spoon, Beech
Can You Refrigerate Pumpkin Cookie Dough?
Yes, you can refrigerate cookie dough, and this includes cookie dough made with pumpkin. In fact, refrigerating the dough may even help to improve the flavor of the cookies. The key is to make sure that the cookie dough is well-wrapped so that it doesn’t dry out in the fridge. When you’re ready to bake the cookies, simply take the dough out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature before shaping and baking according to your recipe. You may need to add a few minutes to the baking time if the dough is cold when it goes into the oven. But overall, there’s no need to worry about refrigerating cookie dough made with pumpkin.
What Flavors Pair Well With Pumpkin Spice?
There are few things that evoke the warm feelings of fall quite like the flavor of pumpkin spice. This rich, sweet, and slightly spicy flavor is often used in cookies, cakes, and pies. But what other flavors pair well with pumpkin spice?
One popular choice is to pair pumpkin spice with chocolate. The two flavors complement each other perfectly, with the chocolate adding a bit of bitterness to balance out the sweetness of the pumpkin spice. Another popular option is to pair pumpkin spice with cinnamon. This combination is often used in baking, as the two flavors work together to create a delicious and warming effect.
Finally, many people also enjoy pairing pumpkin spice with ginger. This combination is perfect for those who want a bit of a kick from their pumpkin spice-flavored treat. Whatever flavors you choose to pair with pumpkin spice, be sure to enjoy them this fall!
What is the Best Way to Store Cookies?
Cookies are a delicious treat that can bring happiness to any occasion. But how should you store cookies so that they remain fresh and tasty? The answer may surprise you. cookies should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. This will keep them from drying out or getting stale. You can also put cookies in the freezer if you want them to last even longer.
Cookies are a delicious treat that can bring happiness to any occasion. But how should you store cookies so they remain fresh and tasty? The answer may surprise you. cookies should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dark place so they don’t dry out or get stale. You can also put them in the freezer for extra freshness. Now you know the best way to store your cookies, so go enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Home Essentials at Amazon
Fall Decor – Fall Decorations for Home – Light Up Mason Jar Lid Pumpkin – Halloween Decor for Home Kitchen Farmhouse Autumn Thanksgiving Porch Table MantleFall Pumpkin Table Runner: Buffalo Plaid Check Tabletop Cloth Dinning Room Decor – Maple Leaves Mushroom Decorative Seasonal Holiday Kitchen Home Decoration 13ANDALUCA Natural Vase Fillers Mini Pumpkins for Decorating & Crafts | Miniature Pumpkins Home Decor (Mini Pumpkins)Sweet Water Decor Pumpkin Spice Candle | Autumn, Vanilla, and Buttercream, Fall Scented Soy Candles for Home | 9oz Clear Jar, 40 Hour Burn Time, Made in the USADII Rustic Farmhouse Double Diamond Woven Throw, 50×60, Stone
Incredible Pumpkin Spice Recipes
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookie recipe
- Pumpkin Magic Cake
- Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Homemade Dunkaroo Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecake Cups
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
- Banana Chocolate Chip Granola Bars Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are the perfect mix of pumpkin spice and chocolate chip goodness. Soft, fluffy, and full of flavor - you won't be able to resist them!
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Cream Butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper and set them to the side.
- Grab a medium microwave safe bowl. Melt the butter in the microwave. Should melt in about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Next, in another mixing bowl, mix in the pumpkin puree, both sugars, molasses and vanilla extract.
- Once combined add in the melted butter. Mix well.
- In third bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually mix in your dry ingredients into the wet until everything is mixed together well.
- Gently add in the chocolate chips.
- You should have an orange colored chocolate chip cookie dough.
- For best results chill the dough for an hour before baking.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the pan covered in parchment paper.
- Once oven is preheated bake the cookies for 12-13 minutes. I like to start peeking in on them at about 9 minutes, personally, because I like them chewy in the center.
- Once I remove them from the oven I use a spatula and remove them from the pan and put them one by one onto a cooling rack.
- If you leave them on the pan they will continue to bake as long as the pans are hot.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before enjoying! Unless you like a gooey hot cookie… and if that’s the case I won’t stop you!
- I like to use parchment paper on my baking sheets for easy cleanup and no cookies sticking to the pan.
We love pumpkin and chocolate chips, and these cookies sound and look fabulous. Thank you for sharing at Inspire Me Tuesdays.
I have been looking for a pumpkin cookie recipe for the last week as fancied making them so this is perfect for me. They look absolutely delicious. Pinned. Thank you for sharing at #FiestaFriday
We will just love your Pumpkin Spice chocolate Chip Cookies! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great week!