Ever use STEM when teaching your children?
STEM refers to the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics of curriculum. STEM is a very useful method of teaching for just about any age. It allows kids to really use imagination and other operations of learning to promote educational success. Plus, they are super fun!
Check out these 25 amazing STEM activities for preschoolers. These are perfect for homeschool families and parents wanting to supplement learning at home!
25 STEM Activities for Preschoolers
1. Experiment with the different dynamics of Gears! Gears! Gears! operation with this awesome Learning Resources toy that is different every time you build it!
2. This Tot Tube Playset is a great STEM toy and it works for almost any kind of car your child already has.
3. With this Sorting Pirate Surprise your child will be challenged to sort and match colors as well as develop those fine motor skills. This is awesome for beginners!
4. You can inspire design, creativity, and value in play for those littles with tiny hands with this Green Toys Build a Bouquet Floral Arrangement.
5. Work through color recognition, sorting, and counting using this Peg Board Set that also maximizes hand-eye coordination.
6. This Design and Drill Socket To Me Set will give your little one the ability to learn mechanics of forward and reverse along with color assimilation.
7. It will be easy and fun to learn colors, shapes, and number skills with the Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie.
8. There are 8 cool shapes and lots of building options with a Magna Tiles Junior Set.
9. This Learning Resources Science Mix and Measure Set is perfect for little hands and great for examining visual quantities.
10. There are tons of variations with this Marble Run that maximizes hand-eye coordination and spatial skills.
11. These 3D Pyramid Stacking Blocks are super fun!
12. Check out this Robot Turtles Game that sneakily teaches kids the science of robot programming and its a lot of fun!
13. If you want to include a fun game and influence your child’s spatial skills and logic then try this Camelot Jr. where kids can build with high quality wooden materials.
14. Practice those early math and money skills through pretend play with a Learning Resources Teaching Cash Register.
15. Observation is key to inference! With these Learning Resources Jumbo Magnifiers they will be able to examine all kinds of cool things whether you are exploring bugs or rocks!
16. Your kiddos will have a blast practicing counting, stacking, and matching with this Lauri Tall Stacker Number Express.
17. Check out how things weigh and compare results with this Learning Resources Pan Balance.
18. Learning codes and robot assembly will be out of this world fun for your preschooler using this Wonder Workshop Dash and Dot Wonder Pack.
19. With a little parent assistance and supervision this My First Mind Blowing Science Kit will be enjoyable and give your kiddo the opportunity to explore the basics of science.
20. Build up your own magnetic structures with this awesome SmartMax Basic Set.
21. Learn all about dinosaurs with this Light Up Terrarium.
22. Teaching math skills, patterns, and sequencing can be really fun and insightful with this Melissa & Doug Abacus.
23. Your kiddo will feel very special with their My First Microscope that helps them learn science from an up close view.
24. Create endless things with these Monkey Noodles.
25. Watch the entire life cycle of ladybugs with this Ladybug Land Insect Lore that begins with larvae and ends in adult ladybugs.
Do you have a favorite STEM activity for your preschooler? Share your ideas!