What is the main thing holding you back? The cost of moving your site? It can be so expensive $200+ was the average quote I received when I was looking to move.
The first time I had my site designed I had been blogging for a little over a year. I looked into WordPress at that time I was scared away as soon as I read how much designers wanted in order to move my site from Blogger to WordPress. I decided to just stay with Blogger and have my site designed.
The more I read, the more I learned. The more I learned the more I knew I should have just switched to WordPress. Still the costs were just too expensive and I could not justify that for a blog that was not making any money and was a hobby that I hoped would turn into a business.
Did you know you can make the move yourself? You can.
The gal who moved and designed my new layout has since published an e-book that walks you through step by step, in NON-GEEK terms, of moving your site from Blogger to WordPress. The book is only $35! I have reviewed the book. If I can read it and understand it you can too. Remember, I am a crayons and paper kind of gal.
Why You Should Consider Moving to WordPress
- If your site is a business, meaning you are using it to supplement your income at all, WordPress is where it’s at. The ability to create a website/blog marriage is such a benefit to you and the growth of your site.
- WordPress plugins and widgets will allow you to make your site very user friendly and appealing to your readers.The possibilities are endless!
- On Blogger, Google owns your site and your content. Even though you wrote the content. For real. Google can shut you down at any moment, for no reason and it can take weeks or months to get things straightened out. And good luck finding a phone number to call Google.
- On WordPress, you own the shelf in cyberspace that your site is sitting on. This is because you are self-hosted. No one can take your site down and you own it.
- With WordPress there are amazing templates you can install that will do the SEO work for you. Check out Thesis and Genesis. (I use Thesis).
- Being that you own your site on WordPress, you will quickly see a difference in how many people are finding your site when they search for specific keywords on Google. Here is my experience. In August 2010, I was still using Blogger. Google referred a whopping 185 readers to my site during that month who were searching keywords like pirate cupcakes, for example. In August 2011, I am now using WordPress- I made the move back in the spring of this year. Google sent me 5,212 readers in August 2011, who were searching relevant keywords on my site. As a matter of fact, 260 people who Googled the term money cupcakes were sent to my site last month alone. To go from 185 readers finding me to 5,212 readers finding me is proof that WordPress (and themes like Thesis) work. They help get you found online! I am proof.
- You are in control with WordPress. 100%.
- Your site has the ability to look more professional. This is appealing when you want to work with brands.
Why This Ebook is a Must
- Written in terms that a non-techy person can read and understand.
- Written by an established WordPress designer Sharon from Good, True and Beautiful.
- The price is right- $35.
- Sharon is now offering a discount code of 20% off. Enter time4wp at checkout.
- I trust Sharon and her expertise, and you can too.
If you have reservations about moving to WordPress, have any questions about my experience with WordPress or Thesis, questions about how WordPress has improved my blog, please just email me or leave your question in the comments. I would be more than happy to answer any questions about my experience.
Also, if you are looking for self-hosting information, I use Dream Host.
Want to know more about the e-book? Click here to view more details.
I am sharing this tip on these resourceful sites: i heart naptime, the girl creative, C.R.A.F.T. craftomatic, crafts keep me sane, skip to my lou, making the world cuter, sumos sweet stuff, mad in crafts, tip junkie, tasty tuesday, tempt my tummy tuesday, craft edition, hope studios, todays creative blog, sew much ado, someday crafts, we are that family, blue cricket designs, somewhat simple, paisley passions, house of hepworths, fun to craft, fingerprints on the fridge, tidy mom, a few of my favorite things and it’s a hodge podge life.