Springtime and babies — they just seem to go together, don’t they? If a new arrival is coming to someone near and dear to you, perhaps you’ll want to host a baby shower for new mama and her little one-to-be. Concerned about the cost and can’t be approved by best buy now pay later apps no credit check? There are ways to have a wonderful celebration without destroying your budget. Decide if your party will focus on honoring new mama and her interests or new baby and childhood joys. Once you have decided on a theme and favored color choices, it’s time to plan a party! Read on for some of my favorite money-saving tips to host a baby shower.
- Check out these ideas for throwing a first birthday party on a budget to help plan your baby’s first celebration.
- Plus, see these 9 ways to have a birthday party on a budget.
How to Plan a Baby Shower on a Budget
- Coordinate your colors and repeat theme motifs for a cohesive look that only looks expensive.
- Having a desserts-only buffet will substantially cut down on party costs; just be sure that your party time does not coincide with typical mealtimes. Even with desserts-only, including nuts, cheese or fruit is a thoughtful gesture for guests who can’t/don’t eat sweets.
- Presentation means A LOT! Don’t just slap down a stack of paper plates and napkins next to a cake; take time to arrange your offerings. A dessert table can set the tone for the entire party. Put your cake or main dessert on some type of pedestal. If you don’t have a formal glass piece, you can make your own with an inverted bowl or flower pot as a base and a round plate on top (be certain it isn’t tipsy). Another option is a box covered in wrapping paper that matches your theme colors. A variety of heights adds interest.
- Bake your own or buy a plain, double-layer iced cake from a local supermarket. Customize with sprinkles, a mini-pennant bunting, a special shaped cookie or a mini-figure.
- Clear glass containers show off inexpensive colored candy and they look terrific; up the oomph by embellishing the containers with ribbon or fabric strips.
- If you include cupcakes or muffins, wrap them in colorful sleeves. Pop a party medallion on top.
- Bottled water is usually included at a beverage station. Make yours party ready with themed labels.
- Fresh flowers add life to a party! Even small bouquets of wildflowers from your yard look sweet arranged in pitchers or mason jars.
- Vintage toys, stuffed animals, or children’s books are just a few possible decorating pieces you’re likely to already have. Shop your house before going to the store.
- Tulle and balloons are inexpensive and make great table backdrop décor.
- Pennants are an easy-to-make, colorful party addition. There are many styles, but for a shower, cute onesies/baby socks look adorable plus serve as a gift.
For inspiration, look at pictures of baby showers to fuel your imagination. My blog has a baby shower category that offers many options. You can also find FREE baby shower printables to help you decorate.
Celebrating a new life is such sweet fun! As with most things, where’s there’s a will, there is a way and you can host a party that won’t break the bank!
What theme will you choose for a baby shower?
By the way, did you know Amazon offers an online baby registry? You can find a registry and start a registry online in seconds! And you get a 90 day return time. Super awesome.