If you are a blogger who is struggling this summer and feeling overwhelmed, I have some solutions for you!
You’re juggling the kids, trying to write content, trying to plan for back to school (for blog and family), traffic is down because everyone is on vacation and you’re trying hard to stay motivated to push ahead.
Kelli Miller and I share free how to blog tips every Tuesday on Google+ and this week we shared how to keep from being overwhelmed as a blogger during the summer months.
In this video we share a lot of practical information to help you prevent being overwhelmed.
You do not have tons of time to dedicate to blogging right now because the kids are likely keeping you very busy. We need to make the best use of our time to get the biggest bang for our buck.
Quick Ways to Get Traffic:
- Generate New Buzz for Popular Posts- even tough traffic is down, your popular posts are still bringing in some traffic. It is time to create new posts for the already popular posts to generate more attention, utilize keywords and backlinks. These are super quick posts with new images to also increase Pinterest interest. DON’T get rid of your old post! Here is how I did this for my coupon resources page: view them here—> original post and a new reminder post. My methods and detailed thoughts on why this is important is covered in the video.
- Update Images– create a sense of urgency to get things repinned. Add graphics to images of your popular posts that draw the reader in. For example add text to the image that says PINNED 100k times (obviously only if this is true)! When new readers find this pin you want them to feel like they are missing out if they don’t pin it. Here is my original Crockpot Ravioli recipe with updated images. Here is my new post reminding my readers about the recipe and encouraging them to pin it if they have not already.
- Utilize Tribes– do guest posting with your tribe. Bring in new readers no matter how large or small the site is your guest posting on. This is beneficial for everyone.
- Repin Popular Pins– go into Pinterest and find the specific pins for your content that have been repinned 100+ times. Here is an example of a pin that meets that criteria. Now, take that url link and have your tribe repin it. I share the reasons why in the video.
- Keep on Keepin’ on– don’t ring your bell!! This season will pass. Traffic will increase. Readers are just enjoying time with their families right now. If you are blogging about your passion, you WILL push ahead no matter how many pageviews you’re getting every day. These are the trenches. This is precisely where bloggers lacking passion are weeded out. Watch the video for my soapbox.
More Blogging Tips
- How to Make a Media Kit (video)
- How to Promote Your Giveaway Part 2 (video)
- How to Find Advertisers for Your Blog Part 1 (video)
- Working with Brands: Secrets from an Insider (video)
- 10 Must Have Blog Elements (video)
- How to Grow Your Blog with Tribes (video)
- Why Bloggers Should be Using YouTube (video)
- Grow Your Blog With StumbleUpon (video)
- Utilizing Facebook for Blog Traffic (video)
- Use Pinterest to Grow Your Site (video)
- How to Use Twitter (video)
- Linky Party Strategies– 50 Parties in my Niche
- How to Improve Your Blog
- 16 Twitter Tips
- Can You Make Money Blogging?