Wow! What great things we have discovered so far. STEM activities for kids are so much fun and a great way for kids to learn!
With everything from robots to bug exploration and super gross science experiments your kiddos will love some of these STEM Activities. The older bunch can really dive deeper into science, technology, math, and engineering dynamics of certain activities. Remember, these activities are perfect for boys and girls. My twins have their eye on that lemon and fork kit. They love science!
Check out these 20 STEM activities your older elementary kiddo will love!
20 Amazing STEM Activities for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Graders
1. Grow your own crystals and develop observations with this Crystal Growing Kit that explores some really cool science.
2. Build your own robot from the ground up with this amazing Modular Robotics Model Kit and pilot it via Bluetooth!
3. Get and understanding of the chemistry and science involved in glow sticks with this Glow Stick Lab.
4. Learn all the facts of multiplication with these Multiplication Flash Cards that work great for fact understanding and math memory.
5. This Butterfly Garden Set is a super cool exploration of nature and science. It also comes with 5 caterpillars!
6. Explore the energy that comes from the sun with this Physics Solar Workshop Science Kit.
7. Discover the entire body and all of its mechanics with this Melissa & Doug Human Anatomy Floor Puzzle.
8. Make your own electricity generating turbines and learn all about alternative energy with this super cool Wind Power Set.
9. This It’s Alive Slime Lab is hands on science fun and certainly a hit for kids!
10. Try this Brain Quest Smart Game for your next family game night where kids can race for their age appropriate answers.
11. Check out this Elements of Science Kit where exploring the elements of science is fun!
12. Your kids can become a forensic detective and define their own answers with this Who Dunnit Forensic Microscope Kit.
13. Recycle a soda can and create your own robot with the instructions found in this Tin Can Robot Kit.
14. This K’nex Wheels, Axles, and Inclined Planes is an awesome way of learning theses scientific dynamics.
15. Encourage creative thinking and social interaction with this Osmo Gaming System for iPad.
16. Learn all about the center of gravity with this Sick Science Slick Tricks that will have your child thinking outside the box.
17. Use those logical and spatial reasoning skills in Temple Trap that is highly challenging.
18. You can use common household ingredients for this 4M Kitchen Science Kit that is sure to draw a crowd to your house!
19. Discover all things science like inertia, acceleration, gravity, and potential and kinetic energy with this Sick Science Fast Physics Kit.
20. This Gross Science Lab is hours of fun with lots of fun and engaging experiments that are super gross!
Have an outstanding STEM activity for older elementary kiddos? Share your thoughts!
More STEM Activities for Kids: