I’ve seen tons of these water bottle ideas given as teacher appreciation gifts all over the internet.
These are easier to create than you may have thought.
If you are looking for inexpensive gifts for your student’s teacher(s), here is my version and it was super simple.
Not only is this a cute gift, but it certainly is something your teacher can use because it includes a bottle of water and a yummy Crystal Light packet for a great afternoon treat.
You Will Need:
- paper cutter (use scissors if you do not have a cutter)
- solid colored cardstock– you can get two bottle holders out of one sheet
- scrapbook paper- I did ten bottles using only 2 pieces of decorative scrapbook paper
- metal brads, if you want
- craft glue
- water bottle (for each teacher)
- flavor packet, like Crystal Light (for each teacher)
- embellishments (stickers, scrapbook flair, etc.)
How to Make DIY Water Bottle Teacher Gifts:
Cut your solid colored cardstock into 4 inch wide x 8 1/2 inch tall pieces. If you are using 8 1/2 x 11 sized paper, you can get two water bottle tags from one sheet and still have a sliver of paper left over.
Use a bottle of water to trace the bottle cap onto the tag. You will want to trace this at the top of the paper in the center as the picture below illustrates.
Cut the hole with scissors and fold the top of the cardstock like this:
Take your decorative scrapbook paper and cut into 4 inch wide by 3 inch in tall pieces. Once cut, apply glue to the back of the paper on the sides and bottom only.
Adhere this to the front of your cardstock tag. This will be the pocket for your flavor packet.
You can also insert a metal brad on each side of the pocket as I did below. It gives some extra security to holding the pocket in place. Brads are very inexpensive.
Now you can embellish. I used an alphabet sticker to represent the teacher’s name as well as some pre-sticky scrapbook flowers. So easy!
Use cardstock and print out an inspiring quote or your message of gratitude. Ours said, thank you for fostering the thirst of knowledge….
You will use craft glue to adhere this to the front of the water tag.
Insert your flavored water packet in the pocket of the tag and place the tag over the bottle of water.
You’re done. How easy was that?
And your teacher’s will love them. Easy enough to do for multiple teachers.
More Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas:
- Teacher Appreciation Letter (free printable)
- Handmade Paper Flowers for Your Teacher
- Homemade Pencil Holder Teacher Gift
- Teacher Hershey Kiss Printable
- Thanks for Helping me Bloom Flower Pot Picks (free printable)
- Thanks for â€œChewsingâ€ to Teach Bubble Gum Printable
- Thanks A Latte Gift Card Holder (free printable)
- Tea-riffic Teacher Water Bottle Printable
- Flower and Button Clothespin Magnets
- Teacher Picture Frame
- Teacher Popcorn Gift Printable
- We Need Smore Teachers Like You Printable
- DIY Teacher Water Bottle Thank You Gift
- Homemade Mod Podge Vase (for flowers)