Tuna Casserole Recipe
Looking for an easy dinner recipe that packs a flavorful punch? Look no further than this delicious Tuna Casserole Recipe. Ready in under an hour, it’s the perfect comfort food to bring to the dinner table. Made with wide egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup, milk, garlic and onion powder, tuna, frozen peas, salt and pepper, grated Parmesan cheese, crushed potato chips and fresh parsley – this hearty dish is sure to have everyone asking for seconds. Get creative with your cooking tonight and try this easy tuna casserole recipe!
Canned Tuna Recipes are a great way to add some protein and flavor to your meals without breaking the bank. With so many options out there, the possibilities are endless. From tuna salad sandwiches to tuna casserole and everything in between, you can find a recipe that fits your taste buds and cooking skill level. The best part? Canned tuna is a pantry staple that can last for years, so you always have a quick and easy meal option on hand. So next time you’re looking for a budget-friendly meal, give canned tuna a try!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make this easy weeknight meal!
- Wide Egg Noodles– There’s something about a rich, creamy tuna casserole that just screams comfort food. And while there are plenty of different ways to make this classic dish, there’s one ingredient that really sets it apart: wide egg noodles. These thick, ribbony noodles are the perfect shape and texture to soak up all that creamy, savory sauce, while still holding their own.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup– Cream of Mushroom Soup is an unsung hero in many casseroles, but particularly in tuna casserole. There’s just something about that rich, savory flavor that mixes so well with the tuna, pasta, and other ingredients in this family favorite. Perhaps it’s the umami flavor of mushrooms that just makes everything taste better, or maybe it’s the comforting creaminess that makes us all feel like we’re back at Grandma’s house.
- Milk– At first glance, it may seem like an odd pairing – fish and dairy? But trust me, the milk plays an essential role in bringing the casserole together. When baked in the oven, it helps to create a creamy and decadent sauce, binding everything together and keeping the casserole from being too dry or tough.
- Garlic Powder– Have you ever tasted a tuna casserole without garlic powder? If you have, then you know that it’s just not the same. Garlic powder brings a whole new level of flavor and depth to this classic dish. But why is it so good? Well, garlic has long been praised for its health benefits, but it’s also an incredibly versatile flavor enhancer in the kitchen.
- Onion Powder– When it comes to tuna casserole, onion powder is undoubtedly a game-changer. Not only does it add an irresistible depth of flavor, but it also plays an essential role in creating that comforting aroma that fills your kitchen as the casserole bakes. Onion powder is especially useful since it’s a great substitute for fresh onions, which tend to lose their pungency as they cook.
- Tuna– When it comes to tuna casserole, choosing the right kind of tuna can make all the difference in taste and texture. Many a tuna casserole has been ruined by using the wrong type of tuna. So, what kind of tuna is best? In my opinion, solid white albacore tuna is the way to go.
- Frozen Peas– If you’re a fan of tuna casserole, you know that there are plenty of variations out there. But have you ever tried adding frozen peas to the mix? Trust me, it’s a game-changer. Not only do the peas add a bright pop of color, but they also bring a little sweetness and texture to the dish.
- Salt and Pepper– You know what makes a great tuna casserole? Salt and pepper! Seriously, there’s just something about those two humble seasonings that brings out the best in this classic recipe. I mean, sure, you could add other herbs and spices to mix it up, but there’s a reason why salt and pepper are staples in most kitchens. They enhance the flavor of the dish without overpowering it, and that’s exactly what you want in a tuna casserole.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese– Do you ever feel like your tuna casserole recipe just needs a little something extra? Look no further than some grated parmesan cheese. The salty, nutty flavor of parmesan cheese complements the creaminess of the casserole, making each bite feel indulgent and satisfying.
- Potato Chips– There’s just something about adding a crispy crunch to a creamy, comforting casserole that takes it to the next level. And when that crunch comes from crushed potato chips on top of a tuna casserole, it’s just downright irresistible. The salty and savory flavors of the crushed chips perfectly complement the richness of the casserole, adding an extra layer of texture and flavor that will have you going back for seconds.
- Fresh Parsley– When it comes to tuna casserole, you might not immediately think of fresh parsley as a key ingredient. But let me tell you, it completely takes this dish to the next level. Not only does the parsley add a bright and refreshing flavor, it also adds a pop of vibrant green color that makes the casserole look so much more appetizing.
Cooking Essentials at Amazon
If you love cooking, Amazon should be your go-to destination for all your culinary needs. Amazon offers an extensive range of cooking essentials and tools that are not only affordable but also high in quality. Whether you’re a professional chef or a beginner cook, Amazon has everything you need to whip up the most delicious meals from scratch!
When you shop for cooking essentials and tools on Amazon, you get the convenience of having all your kitchen needs in one place. From baking sheets and mixing bowls to measuring cups and spoons, they has it all. What’s more, Prime customers can get free and fast delivery on eligible items, so you can get your new cooking gear delivered right to your doorstep in no time.
DOWAN Baking Dish, Casserole Dishes for Oven, Lasagna Pan Deep,135 oz Large Ceramic Baking Pan with Handles, 9×13 Baking Dish for Cooking, WhiteGotham Steel 5 Quart Stock Pot Ceramic Multipurpose Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid & Twist and Lock Handles, Tempered Glass Lid, Dishwasher Safe, Aqua BluePyrex Smart Essentials 3-Piece Prepware Mixing Bowl Set, 1-Qt, 1.5-Qt ,and 2.5-Qt Glass Mixing Bowls, Dishwasher, Microwave and Freezer SafeDr.BEST Stainless Steel Whisk Egg Beater Anti-slip Silicone Handle Comfortable Grip（10.5Inch/Black）HOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5KitchenAid Universal Bamboo Tools, 12-Inch
How Do You Keep Tuna Casserole from Drying Out?
Ah, tuna casserole. A classic dish that warms the soul and fills the belly. But what happens when that once creamy casserole turns into a dry, tasteless mess? Fear not, my friends. Keeping your tuna casserole moist and delicious is easier than you think. First and foremost, make sure to not overcook your noodles. Overcooked noodles lead to a dry casserole.
Second, add more liquid to the recipe. Whether it’s in the form of milk, cream, or even chicken broth, a little extra liquid goes a long way. Lastly, cover your casserole dish with foil during baking. This traps in the moisture and creates a steamy environment for your casserole to cook in.
So, there you have it. A few simple tips to ensure that your tuna casserole stays moist and flavorful. Happy cooking!
Easy Recipes to Try
Cooking can be a great way to unwind after a long day or to spend quality time with loved ones. Easy recipes are a great starting point. These easy recipes can be adjusted to your preference and can be a great way to impress your family and friends without spending hours in the kitchen.
Can You Freeze Tuna Casserole?
Are you wondering if you can freeze that delicious tuna casserole you just made? The answer is a resounding YES! Freezing your tuna casserole is a great way to preserve its quality and extend its shelf life. But, of course, there are some do’s and don’ts to keep in mind.
First, make sure that your casserole has fully cooled before placing it in the freezer. Then, cover it tightly with foil or plastic wrap to keep freezer burn at bay. And when you’re ready to enjoy your frozen tuna casserole, just remember to thaw it completely before reheating. Now, isn’t that easy? Happy freezing!
Can Tuna Casserole Be Made Ahead of Time?
Hey there fellow tuna lovers! Are you wondering if you can make your beloved tuna casserole ahead of time? Well, the answer is yes, you can! Making your tuna casserole in advance is a great way to save time and eliminate some of the stress of last-minute meal prep. Simply follow your favorite tuna casserole recipe up until it’s time to bake, then cover it tightly with foil or plastic wrap and pop it in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready to serve, just preheat your oven, remove the covering, and pop the casserole in for the recommended bake time. Easy-peasy! So next time you’re wondering what to make for dinner, keep this make-ahead tuna casserole in mind.
Cooking Video for Homemade Tuna Casserole
Casserole Essentials at Amazon
If you’re someone who loves to cook casseroles and bake, then Amazon is the perfect place for you to shop for all your essential tools and equipment. Not only does Amazon carry a wide range of these products, but they also offer excellent deals and discounts that can help you save big on your purchases.
Bicuzat Blue and Orange Flower Vintage Style Ceramic Bakeware Casserole Dish Baking Pan Lasagna Pans Baking Dish with Handles for Oven/Cooking/Kitchen-1 PCS-22 OZCorningWare French White 2.5-quart Oval Casserole with Glass LidKOOV Ceramic Casserole Dish with Lid Oven Safe, 2 Quart Casserole Dish, Covered Round Casserole Dish Set, 9 inch Baking dish With Lid for Dinner, Deep Casserole Cookware Set, Reactive GlazeCorningWare Pyroceram Classic Casserole Dish with Glass Cover, White, Square, 2 Quart, 2 Liter (Medium)OXO Good Grips Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish with LidRachael Ray Lugger Reusable Insulated Carrier Keeps Food Hot or Cold for Hours, Perfect for Lasagna Pan, Casserole Dish, Baking Dish & More, Standard, Forest Green
You’ll Love these Other Casserole Recipes
Dinner does not have to be elaborate. That’s where a casserole comes in handy. Casseroles make for great leftovers, so you can have a stress-free dinner the next day too. With so many benefits, it’s no wonder that a casserole is the perfect dinner for a busy night.
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Biscuits
- Easy Sloppy Joe Casserole Recipe
- Cheesy Zucchini Casserole Recipe
- Healthy Potato And Vegetable Casserole
Tuna Casserole Recipe
Bring flavorful comfort to the dinner table with this simple and delicious tuna casserole recipe. Ready in under an hour, this is a hearty dish.
- 4 Ounces Wide Egg Noodles (slightly more than 2 cups)
- 1 (10.5 ounce) Can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Can (12 ounces) Tuna in Water, drained
- ½ Cup Frozen Peas
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Coarsely Crushed Potato Chips
- Chopped Fresh Parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and set it aside.
- Cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water according to the package directions until just al dente (about 6 minutes). Drain.
- Whisk the condensed soup, milk, garlic powder and onion powder together in a large bowl and then gently stir in the cooked noodles, tuna, and peas.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary and then transfer the mixture to the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top followed by the crushed potato chips.
- Bake the Tuna Casserole for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the inside is hot and bubbly.
- Serve garnished with parsley if desired.