Looking for something different to put in your kiddos lunchbox this school year? Have you thought of filling a reuseable water bottle with a refreshing Homemade Tea?
NEED TO SAVE MONEY
ON YOUR GROCERY BILL?
These recipes for Homemade Iced Tea not only quench a thirst, but they are full of powerful antioxidants that can ward off cancer, prevent strokes and lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Why make homemade tea instead of purchasing bottles at the store?
1. Research has shown that the antioxidants in tea can actually be lost the longer they sit in the bottle. Buying a bottle means you don’t know how many of the antioxidants are left.
2. Making your tea means you can control the amount of sugar your child is getting. The average American is now drinking an extra 400 calories a day.
3. Homemade tea can be a cost saving drink. It can be made for as little as $0.05/serving!
Here are 6 Homemade Iced Tea Recipes that are sure to be a hit with your family:
1. Strawberry Apple Homemade Sweet Tea Fresh strawberries and apple juice sweeten this tea and make it the most popular homemade tea I make.
2. Fizzy Homemade Ice Tea This iced tea combines tea, fruit juice and carbonated water to make a soda-like drink that is tall on flavor but short on all the artificial stuff like additives and preservatives.
3. Homemade Sun Tea Recipe I’ve got the secrets to making great sun tea that doesn’t end up bitter. Make a large pitcher and you have lunch drinks for a week.
4. Homemade Herbal Iced Tea Ditch the fruit punch. I’ve got some great recommendations for herbal iced teas your kids will love as well as a 2-4-6 brewing method that makes a perfect pitcher of herbal iced tea every time.
5. Green Tea Mock-Jito The mild flavor of green tea makes it the perfect background flavor for lime and mint. Don’t worry. This recipe is family friendly!
6. The Best Homemade Sweet Tea Recipe Find out my secret to the best homemade sweet tea recipe. This is a great drink to start transitioning your kids away from fruit punches.
What is your favorite iced tea recipe?
Andrea Green of The Greenbacks Gal is an organic coupon expert. What if you could find affordable organic and eco-friendly products on a budget? Eco-friendly moms need affordable solutions. Andrea finds the best green deals, helping hundreds of families save on the frugal, green lifestyle. Nothing makes her happier than to help people realize being organic doesn’t have to cost more.