Hi everyone, it’s me Rosemary from An Italian in my Kitchen, and I am back again to share with you a Delicious Decadent Glazed Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake, if you love chocolate then this is just the cake for you. And I have to admit I am one of those chocolate lovers, oh yes and also Pasta lover, Pizza lover ok Food lover in general.
I am so happy to be guest posting on Crystal’s Blog again. She is an amazing person and I like to call her a friend. I asked her what she would like me to make, “A Chocolate Dessert” was her response, what can I say, great minds think alike, I was thinking the same thing! Well if I’m going to go chocolate, I might as well go all the way.
This Chocolate Bundt Cake is just that. Not only does it have a chocolate ganache on top of the cake but also baked into the cake, along with a little cocoa and a couple of tablespoons of coffee just enough to bring out the chocolate flavour but not enough to taste the coffee, and some mini dark chocolate chips because, well why not?
I filled the middle with some fresh strawberries, because everywhere I look here in Italy there are strawberries. Strawberries and chocolate a perfect combination.
I hope you enjoy this Glazed Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake, I think it would make the perfect family Dinner Dessert. Enjoy!
- FOR THE CAKE
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa (good quality)
- 1½ tablespoons strong coffee
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- chocolate ganache (as follows)
- ½ cup + 1½ tablespoons cream (whole or whipping cream)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chopped (good quality)
- 1¼ cups mini chocolate chips (dark chocolate)
- ½ cup whole / whipping cream
- ¼ cup butter
- Pre-heat oven to 320°. Grease and flour an 8 inch (or slightly larger) Bundt Pan.
- To make the Chocolate Ganache - in a small saucepan heat the cream until hot (do not boil) add the chopped chocolate and stir until smooth, set aside to cool.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
- In large bowl add the cooled chocolate ganache, melted butter, greek yogurt, eggs and sugar beat until smooth, add flour mixture and beat to combine, then add coffee and milk beat until smooth, stir in chocolate chips. Spoon into prepared bundt pan and bake for approximately 45-50 minutes, test with a toothpick for doneness. Remove from oven let cool slightly, remove from pan to a wire rack. Let cool completely before frosting.
- In a small pan heat butter and cream until hot (do not boil) remove from heat, add chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Cool slightly before drizzling over cake.
If you find this Glazed Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake delicious then I think you may also enjoy a couple of my favourite Cake desserts.