At my house, some of the best Elf on the Shelf ideas are the ones where elf brings something my kids can eat.
These Elf on the Shelf cereal treats are pretty awesome and it uses the Elf sugar cookie cereal with marshmallows that you can find at the store.
They are super easy to make and the kids will go crazy for them!
They take 10 minutes to make and this recipe creates 24 nice size treats.
Ingredients for Elf Cereal Marshmallow Treats
- 3 T butter (salted)
- 1 16-ounce package marshmallows
- 8 C Elf on the Shelf Sugar Cookie Cereal with Marshmallows (aff)
How to Make Elf Cereal Treats with Marshmallows
- Prep a large 9×13 baking dish by laying down a layer of parchment paper covering the pan.
- Drop the butter into a large microwave-safe mixing bowl.
- Microwave for one minute, until melted. Keep an eye on it because butter can catch on fire in the microwave if you let it cook too long.
- Add the whole marshmallows to the bowl and pop it back in the microwave in 30-second intervals. You want to use a rubber spatula to stir in between each interval, until the marshmallows are melted.
- Quickly stir in the cereal until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread the cereal and marshmallow mixture on to the parchment paper lined baking dish. Spread it out evenly and allow it to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Look at how delicious these bars look!
The kids will love them!
You can either make these bars ahead of time and have Elf leave them in the morning for the kids as a treat as he flies back from the North Pole.
Or, you can leave all of the ingredients on the counter with a note and written assembly instruction from Elf telling how to make these sweet treats.
Either way your kids will be surprised and excited to find Scout Elf leaving these this holiday season.