Ready for another hand print art craft to go with our letter of the week craft series for preschoolers? Today we are focusing on the letter B. Make sure you check out the additional resources listed at the end of this post that go with the lesson. It includes books you can read to your little one as you learn each letter, Do a Dot printbales, handwriting practice for each letter and snack ideas.
We will be adding a new hand print art craft for each letter of the alphabet. Each one will coordinate with our already existing curriculum. Your young learner will love this and look forward to the new one each week. Hand on learning makes learning fun!
Hi, it’s Amanda from the blog Fun Handprint Art! Did you see our guest post last week, A is for Alligator? In case you missed it, it’s part of an entire hand print alphabet series. Today’s hand print art is B is for Butterfly. While we were making the alligator last week, my daughter asked if she could make a pink butterfly so it worked out perfect for today’s post. She wants to make everything pink these days!
- Construction paper
- Green pom poms
- Pipe cleaner
- Googly eye
- Optional: gems/jewels, sequins, buttons, stickers
Instructions for making the hand print butterfly:
- Paint hand in color of choice, then make a hand print on a slight angle at the bottom half of the paper.
- Make another handprint on a slight angle (opposite way as the 1st one) on the top half of the paper making the palms meet or even overlap a little bit.
- Glue green pom poms on to create the body. We used 3 different sizes, but all the same size is fine too. If you don’t have pom poms, you could do fingerprints instead.
- Cut a small piece from a pipe cleaner and fold it in half. Curl the ends to shape the antennae. Glue on top of the head.
- Glue on the googly eye.
- Draw a mouth on with a black marker.
- Decorate the butterfly wings! We used jewel gems on our in fun shapes. Alternatively, you could decorate them with sequins, buttons, markers, and so on. My daughter also added foam glitter flower stickers around the butterfly.
- Write B is for Butterfly.
Letter of the Week Activities for Preschoolers (Letter B)
- Letter of the Week Craft: B is for Butterfly
- Preschool Letter Worksheets: Butterfly Do a Dot
- Handwriting Practice for Kids: B is for Butterfly
- Books Children Must Read: Letter B
- Letter of the Week Snack B is for Butterfly
- How to Make an Alphabet Flip Book
- Free Preschool Printable: Handwriting Worksheets
Also check out theses Handwriting Practice Sheets for alphabet learning your kids will love!
Amanda is an ‘artsy momma’ to 2 kids who love making crafts just as much as she does. Follow their creative journey over on the blog titled Artsy Momma. Besides crafts, they share fun food ideas, hands-on learning activities, mommy DIY, + lots more! If you love handprint art, head over to their Fun Handprint Art blog where you will find hundreds of their projects all made with little hands and feet.