Are you doing letter of the week crafts with your preschooler? This is a great way to learn the alphabet together and make memories.
Since starting the weekly ABC’s series on my site over a year ago, I get regular searches for more crafts and activities to do with your kids that focus on the alphabet. The letter Aa is a popular search.
I have pulled together 27 fun and engaging letter a crafts for preschool. Many of these ideas are from other bloggers who have done preschool at home with their kids!
You can do all of these at home using items you have on hand. There are even book lists for your next trip to the library! You’re going to love this!
27 Letter A Crafts for Preschool
1. A is for Alligator– this preschool letter of the week craft is from Crystal & Co. Make your alligator out of construction paper and let him eat the letter Aa while you’re at it!
2. All New Romping Roaring ABC Pack– if you are looking for a collection of printables to use as you learn the letter Aa, this awesome pack from 3 Dinosaurs is perfect!
3. A is for Alligator Tot School– love how The Educators Spin on it shares fun ways to learn the letter Aa with your tot by incorporating lots of alligator activities.
4. Animal Charades for Kids (Free Printable)– playing games can be the perfect way for kids to remember what they learn. This printable from Buggy and Buddy is a real hoot!
5. Tissue Paper Art Apple Tree Craft– love this adorable apple tree craft from Fantastic Fun and Learning using items you have on hand!
6. Learn Your ABCs on an Architecture Scavenger Hunt– make learning your alphabet fun. KC Adventures suggests taking a walk and discovering all of your letter with architecture!
7. Exploring Animal Tracks– focus on the letter Aa as you search for animal tracks! Another fun, get out of the house, activities from KC Adventures.
9. Free Apple Activities Pack– this collection is perfect for kiddos ages 2-8. All things apples from 3 Dinosaurs.
10. Workboxes and Activities for the Letter A– love these workbox ideas from The Chaos and the Clutter. There are printables and hands on activities!
11. DIY Airplane Crayons– recycle those old crayons and make them into airplane crayons! Follow the easy tutorial from Nothing if Not Intentional.
12. Spicey Apple Playdough– my kids love scented playdough! This recipes for apple flavored from Fun-a-Day is awesome!
13. Books for Teaching the Letter A– love this collection of 14 books from The Measured Mom that teaches and/or focuses on the letter Aa.
14. Stuffed Paper Apple Craft– this craft is ridiculously adorable. Make apples out of paper and stuff them. I love this fine motor skill craft from Buggy and Buddy.
15. It’s Apple Picking Time – Yarn Apples– make apples out of yard with 3 Dinosaurs.
16. Apple Playdough– this is a no cook recipe and involves adding apple scented shampoo for the smell! Love this from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
17. Airplane Snack– this yummy snack from Crystal & Co., is healthy and the perfect treat for learning.
18. Hands on Learning Fun with an Ant Egg Carton– I love this craft from The Educators Spin on it. My twins made something similar years ago when they went to Mothers Day Out.
19. Fingerprint Apples– so simple and a keepsake from 3 Dinosaurs.
20. A is for Alien– I love this and my boys would too! Make a handprint alien from Red Ted Art.
21. FREE Letter A Printable: A is for Apple– a fun printable from The Measured Mom that uses stickers or Do a Dots to complete.
22. Prayer Flag Craft: Apple Stamps– use sliced apples to make stamps like The Nurture Store did.
23. Apple Calendar Cards– create a calendar with the kids using this free apple themed printable from 3 Dinosaurs.
24. Apple Emergent Readers for Playschool– I love these printable books from Fun-a-Day!
25. Life Cycle of an Apple Tree – Torn Paper Apple Trees– this is great for older preschoolers. Love this life-cycle study from 3 Dinosaurs.
26. 9 Preschool Letter A Crafts– these crafts all focus on our letter. The Measured Mom is so creative.
27. Arctic Small World Sensory Play– I love when learning is fun and allows my boys to use their imagination. This sensory bucket idea from Fun-a-Day is awesome!
Which one is your favorite?
My Favorite Packs for Preschoolers
A letter craft for the entire alphabet. Instructions, templates and supply list all in one place!!
Get the downloadable pack here.
We also love these apple do a dot pages.