I have been to many baby showers in my time. I’ve hosted many showers and I’ve been on the receiving end of gracious baby showers. Seems like there for a while everyone I knew was having a baby.
Today I wanted to share with you some of the best baby shower gift ideas I know and some of the greatest things I’ve received in my years. I also want to share with you one of my best kept secrets for fast baby shower shopping!
As you likely know, I have many children. Some of the best gifts I’ve given and received as we brought home a new baby or as a friend has are the essentials! We can never have enough of them! It is so nice to be able to reach for these basics for many months and not have to make a run for them in the wee hours of the morning.
The next time you have a baby shower to attend, consider running into CVS for your shower needs. They have EVERYTHING you need from baby items, to gift bags and wrap and even the card!
Here are the items I love to give and love to receive:
- Diapers– You don’t have to buy newborn. Babies wear diapers for the first year of life (some longer). I encourage you to grab size 3, 4 or 5 because those are the largest sized which babies wear from about 5 months to one year. Having these on hand for a mama will be so helpful!
- Baby Wipes– we are caregivers for two little ones (similar to fostering). This time in my life is so similar to when the twins were born. We go through TONS of baby wipes. Grab a multi pack of wipes. I always go for sensitive when buying for someone else just to play it safe, but these are also the ones I buy for our home as well. If you have babies and toddlers in the house you cannot go wrong with baby wipes! CVS has an excellent store brand!
- Baby Wash– baby wash will get great use from infancy all the way into the toddler years. Goodness, I still use baby wash for the preschooler. Always a great gift idea.
- Baby Lotion– no one wants a baby with dry skin. I like to grab matching scents like this Dove lotion and wash that I grabbed at CVS.
- Medicine– there are so many things to choose from here. You can buy ibuprofen, teething gel, or even butt paste. I am a huge fan of a well-known butt paste for babies. When I found this CVS store brand line and I squealed! The price is so much more affordable and it works great!! This is a score for sure!!
Not only can you get your gift wrap and card at CVS, but another thing I love is that shopping with CVS and being a member of their ExtraCara program I earn 2% back in ExtraBucks when purchasing select items. To redeem, present rewards coupon and associated ExtraCare card to cashier on a subsequent transaction. Your rewards coupon will expire if not redeemed as designated on the coupon. Sometimes you will get ExtraBucks in the form on a coupon or code at the end of your receipt.
You can sign up for an ExtraCare card once you’ve created a CVS.com account. If you already have an account, sign in, go to the ExtraCare page and follow the instructions to Get a Card now. Or visit your local CVS/pharmacy store and get a FREE ExtraCare card on the spot.
Get in, get out and get to your baby shower!!
And here is yours truly weeks before I delivered my first baby. This picture was taken January/February 1999. This was a baby shower my family threw for me.