Roasted Garlic and Cherry Baked Brie Appetizer
: Shari Lynne
- 1 Whole Garlic Bulb
- ¼ cup Dried Cherries
- ½ tsp dried Rosemary
- 1 Small Round Loaf Sourdough Bread
- 1 Round (8 ounces) Brie (I used a triangle because that’s what I had on hand)
- Olive oil
- 1 baguette, sliced (optional
- Remove the papery outer layer off of the Garlic Bulb and cut the end off for roasting. Not the end with the root.
- Brush top of Garlic with Olive Oil and sprinkle the Rosemary on top. Cover with foil and roast in 425 degree oven for about 30-35 min.
- While the Garlic is Roasting, cut the top off of Sourdough Loaf and gently cut around edges of inside to hollow out bread. Your pieces won’t be perfect. This is where the baguette comes in if you want something a little more elegant and uniform.
- If I had had a round Brie I could have just set it into the loaf, but mine was triangle so I just cut into pieces.
- Spread Roasted Garlic onto Brie and then add chopped Dried Cherries.
- Put the top of bread back onto bread and wrap in foil. Bake in 375 oven for 45-50 min. Or until cheese is melted.
- This was deelish and way more simple than it looks! Impress you company by serving toasted baguette slices if you wish. The colors were festive and pretty too.
- HINT: You can use dried cranberries for a more red color on top. My family doesn’t really like cranberries and that is why I used cherries instead.