I have a few friends that are teachers and I praise them often about what an impact they are making. I also look up to any parent that homeschools their children.
I’m starting off by sharing a homemade pencil holder for teachers. Cute, easy and free!
To make your own pencil holder you will need:
- An empty can
- Scrapbook Paper
- Jute or ribbon
For this craft, I used scissors so I didn’t have my toddlers help.
This would be a great activity for older kids though.
To start I cleaned my fruit can and let it dry. I then measured and cut the scrapbook paper to cover the outside of the can.
Secure your paper with tape or glue.
I then added an accent piece over and some stickers.
Finally, I tied some jute to the top and added a some stickers for the teachers name.
This was such a fun craft that I’m sure any teacher will appreciate!
What will you be making for Teacher Appreciation Week? It is coming up May 6-10!
More Teacher Appreciation Ideas:
- Teacher Hershey Kiss Printable
- Thanks for Helping me Bloom Flower Pot Picks (free printable)
- Thanks for “Chewsing” to Teach Bubble Gum Printable
- Thanks A Latte Gift Card Holder (free printable)
- Tea-riffic Teacher Water Bottle Printable
- Flower and Button Clothespin Magnets
- Teacher Picture Frame
- Teacher Popcorn Gift Printable
- We Need Smore Teachers Like You Printable
- DIY Teacher Water Bottle Thank You Gift
- Homemade Mod Podge Vase (for flowers)
Kelley is the mastermind in charge of her family. She loves to spend time crafting, cooking and making her kids laugh. She believes she was destined to be a comedian but has put her stand up dreams on hold to raise her two kids. She blogs about her family at thegrantlife.com and often entertains her readers with her wise cracks.