Valentine Cookie Bars
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to show your loved one how much you care, which is why Valentine Cookie Bars are the ideal easy recipe! Using just six ingredients these treats will come together quickly yet still make a lasting impression. These easy Valentine Cookie Bars will be sure to fill the room with love!
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to learn some new recipes and add a dose of extra sweetness to your meal. Whether you’re hosting a family meal or having friends over, adding some homemade goodies will show your loved ones how much you care. From heart-shaped breakfast treats and delicious chocolate desserts, Valentine Recipes can be both fun and indulgent at the same time!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Here’s what you need to make these sweet treats!
- Large Eggs– Egg is a key ingredient for many desserts, especially Valentine Cookie Bars. The eggs in the recipe act as both a leavening agent and a binder helping to provide stability, rise, and structure to the cookie bars.
- Butter– Butter is the key to success when making delicious Valentine Cookie Bars! Not only does it give them a super soft and chewy texture, but it also adds amazing flavor that can’t be achieved with any other ingredient. Butter doesn’t just enhance the taste of your cookie bars though, it’s also an excellent binding agent that holds all of the ingredients together.
- All Purpose Flour– All-purpose flour is the classic go-to for baking, and that’s especially true for Valentine cookie bars! A soft texture with a slightly dense crumb makes this type of flour perfect for cookie recipes. It also works to bind the ingredients together.
- Baking Soda– Baking soda is every baker’s secret weapon when it comes to perfect Valentine cookie bars. While other ingredients are essential for flavor, baking soda helps create the perfect consistency with its alkaline properties. Simply adding it to your dough helps give the bars the right amount of softness and chewiness.
- Chocolate Chips– Chocolate chips make cookie bars look more festive, giving them that classic ‘Valentine’s day’ look. Also, chocolate chips definitely elevate the flavor profile—the juxtaposition of sweet and savory really brings out the other flavors in the cookie bars.
- Valentine M&M’s– Valentine M&M’s are definitely the perfect addition to Valentine Cookie Bars! Not only do they give a delightful burst of color, but their crunchy texture also makes for a satisfying contrast when combined with the soft and chewy texture of cookies.
- Brown Sugar– Brown sugar provides a subtle flavor that offsets other ingredients nicely, but it also helps to create a soft texture in baked goods. Brown sugar contains higher amounts of molasses, which is known to help retain moisture in baked goods for an extended period of time – giving them a longer shelf life.
- Granulated Sugar– Valentine Cookie Bars are among the most beloved holiday treats, and their deliciousness starts with the right kind of sugar. Granulated sugar has long been a baking favorite because it produces treats that turn out sweet, light and moist.
- Vanilla Extract– Valentine Cookie Bars are a beloved treat, and adding a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract is a great way to take them to the next level. The vanilla flavor adds an inviting aroma and subtle complexity, making the bars that much more inviting.
Baking Essentials from Amazon:
KitchenAid KSM150PSAQ Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield – Aqua SkyBovado USA 9HOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5OXO Good Grips Small Silicone Flexible Turner BlackKomax Biokips Large Food Storage Container (169 oz.) Airtight Cookie Container Suitable for Cookies, Chips, Flour, Bulk or Dry Food | Space Saving Shape, Stackable, BPA FreeOXO Good Grips Large Wooden Spoon, Beech
How Long Do Valentine Cookie Bars Last?
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and what better way to celebrate the special day than with a tasty treat! If you’re considering making some delicious Valentine cookie bars, you’re probably wondering how long they’ll last before going bad. The answer really depends on the recipe you use and how you store them. Generally speaking, if stored properly in an airtight container, Valentine cookie bars will keep up to 3-4 days at room temperature or up to a week if refrigerated.
You can also freeze them for several months! So with proper storage methods, your homemade Valentine cookies will be around for quite some time and perfect for enjoying with family and friends over this special holiday.
How Do You Make Cookie Bars Chewy?
If you’re looking for a soft and chewy cookie bar, you simply can’t go wrong with the classic recipe. First, be sure to use butter or margarine that’s not too cold. You want it to be soft so that it absorbs into the sugar and eggs as it melts. For further enhancement of flavor, add an egg yolk to your recipe while omitting an egg white; this will add richness and create chewiness in your finished product.
Then, when adding flour, do it gently; vigorous stirring can activate gluten strands and lead to tough cookie bars. Lastly, watch those baking time instructions carefully: Chewier cookies tend to come from short baking times, so take them out of the oven slightly before they look done – perfection awaits!
How Can I Keep My Cookie Bars Soft?
Keeping cookie bars soft is easier than you may have originally thought! After baking your cookie bars, you should allow them to cool completely before transferring them to an airtight container for storage. This will help prevent any condensation that may make the cookie bars soggy. If you plan on keeping your bars in the refrigerator, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap first so they don’t dry out.
You can also add a slice of bread to the container with your cookie bars – it’s an old bakery trick that helps keep cakes and cookies moist! Lastly, if needed, warm up each piece of cookie bar before serving. A few seconds in the microwave should do it! With these simple tips, your cookie bars will stay soft and yummy long after they came out of the oven.
Valentine Farmhouse Decor on Amazon
CRCZK Valentines Day Gnomes Plush Decor,Sunday Angora Scandinavian Tomte Elf Doll Love Gnomes Ornaments,Valentine Tiered Tray Decor, Valentines Gnomes Gift, Farmhouse Home Office Valentine DecorationValentine Tiered Tray Decorations Valentine’s Day Mini Wood Crate Set Happy Valentines Day Tabletop Centerpiece Wedding Anniversary Party Supplies Farmhouse Love Heart Home Decor4TH Emotion Valentines Day Pillow Covers 18×18 Set of 4 Hello Valentine Spring Farmhouse Decor Red Love Truck Holiday Decorations Throw Cushion Case for Home Decorations TH076ARKENY Valentines Day Table Runner 13×72 Inches Love Heart Valentine Decor for Dining Table Farmhouse Indoor Holiday Buffalo Plaid Gather Dinner Party DecorationDAZONGE Retro Valentine Decor, Felt Hearts Wood Bead Garland for Valentine Decorations, Red and Pink Farmhouse Valentine’s Day Felt Banner for Wedding, Anniversary DecorDeroro Happy Valentines Day Love Sign Front Door Decor, Farmhouse Red Truck Hearts Wood Door Hanger, Black White Buffalo Plaid Wooden Wreath Pediment Plaque Outdoor Indoor Wall Hanging Decorations
Check Out These Other Valentine Recipes!
- Valentine Bark Recipe with Free Printable
- Valentines Day Cookies
- Valentine Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Valentine Popcorn: A Simple Treat Your Kids Can Make
You’ll Love These Other Cookie Bar Recipes
- Easy 4th of July Cookie Bars
- Candy Cookie Bars perfect for Easter
- Insanely Easy Unicorn Funfetti Bars
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Valentine Cookie Bars
These Valentine Cookie Bars are a quick and easy recipe that will show your loved one how much you care. With only six ingredients, these bars come together quickly and easily.
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Sticks Softened Butter
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Bag Valentine M&M's
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and then grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a dish until smooth. If your butter is not super soft the mixing process will take FOR-EV-ER.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Slowly add the flour and baking soda.
- Add chocolate chips and M&Ms and mix until combined. If desired, save some chips to add on (slightly pressing in) before putting the cookie bars into the oven.
- Bake for about 35 minutes. Let the bars cool completely before cutting.
I just love any cookie with an M&M in it. Pinned and thanks for sharing a recipe to look forward to making. #HomeMattersParty