If you’re looking for an easy Valentine’s Day treat to make, look no further than this delicious Valentine Bark Recipe. Made with just a few simple ingredients, it’s the perfect sweet treat to share with loved ones! The best part? It only takes minutes to whip up! It’s easy to customize, too – so you can let your creativity shine and make it your own! So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started on this Valentine Bark Recipe!
Whether you are looking to celebrate a romantic evening or want to get the kids involved in some kitchen fun, there is something special about making Valentine Recipes.
Bark is a delectable treat that can be customized easily to your liking but also based on what add ins or toppings you have on hand. Whether it’s for Valentine’s Day or just for fun, you can easily customize your own bark to make it perfectly tailored to your taste.
In this recipe we are going to use a pink candy melt and a milk chocolate candy melt. If you prefer milk chocolate, totally fine. If you prefer red candy melts opposed to pink, that is fine too!
Baking Essentials from Amazon:
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet, 2-Pack, Silver[12 x 16 Inch – 200 Count]Precut Baking Parchment Paper Sheets Unbleached Non-Stick Sheets for Baking & Cooking – KraftStainless Steel 6 Cup Double Boiler – 1.5 Quart Saucepan 2-in-1 Combo with Vented Glass Lid- Kitchen Cookware with Measurements by Classic CuisineHOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5PAUDIN Bread Knife 8 inch Serrated Knife, Ultra Sharp German High Carbon Stainless Steel Bread Cutting Knife for Homemade Bread, Cake Knife with Ergonomic Handle and Gift Box for Crusty, Soft Bread
Homemade bark is the perfect thing to add to your Valentine party, and it compliments any dessert table or pot luck spread! From sweet treats like heart-shaped brownies to savory dishes, there is something for everyone when it comes to crafting special treats. So if you’re feeling creative and want to show your love through food this holiday, let the cooking commence!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
- Pink Candy Melts– Pink candy melts are one of the most popular ingredients for making a Valentine Bark recipe. Not only do they provide a sweet and delicious taste, but they also add a beautiful blush of color to the recipe.
- Milk Chocolate Candy Melts– Milk chocolate Candy Melts are ideal for use in a Valentine Bark recipe. Not only do they look and taste great, they are also easy to work with. Additionally, once melted, Milk Chocolate Candy Melts harden quickly, so your bark will be ready for snacking in no time flat.
- Valentine M&M’s– Valentine M&M’s are perfect for Valentine Bark Recipe because they bring just the right amount of sweetness and texture to the mix. Red, pink, and white brightly colored M&M’s result in a whimsical treat any valentine will love.
- Conversation Candy Hearts– Conversation Candy Hearts make the perfect final touch to a Valentine’s Day bark recipe because they give it an extra-special finishing look with that iconic, loving message. Not only are they visually appealing, but each piece contains its own surprise expression, making it the ideal special treat for any sweet celebration!
- Valentine Sprinkles– Valentine Sprinkles are the perfect addition to any Valentine Bark recipe. These tiny, colorful decorations make every bite of bark a festive experience. As an extra bonus, they are so easy to use – just sprinkle them on top of the melted chocolate and your bark is ready for a festive look!
How Long Does Chocolate Bark Last?
Chocolate bark is a delicious treat that allows for endless combinations of flavors, making it the perfect way to indulge your sweet tooth. But have you ever wondered just how long it can last? Well, the answer depends on how and where you store it! If cared for correctly, chocolate bark can survive comfortably for up to 8 weeks at room temperature in an airtight container.
Similarly, refrigerated bark can be enjoyed for up to 3 months and freezer-friendly bark can even last as long as 6 months! To store your delicious bounty of chocolate, keep away from direct sunlight and avoid any humidity such as steamy kitchens or bathrooms. So go out there are make some mouth-watering treat; with the right care and knowledge, you’ll be happy to see it stick around for a while!
How Do You Cut Chocolate Bark Neatly?
Chocolate bark is a delicious treat, but it can be tricky to cut in neat pieces! To avoid crumbles and clumps, use a sharp knife and quickly run the blade through the bark. Make sure the knife is clean and dry – any moisture will cause sticking – and keep both hands on the knife as you go.
If it’s warm or humid in your residence, put the bark in the freezer for about 10 minutes before starting; this will make it easier to cut. With some practice, you’ll be able to slice perfect pieces of chocolate bark every time!
Why Does My Chocolate Bark Turn White?
Have you ever made chocolate bark, only for it to turn white? Chances are you’ve experienced what is called “bloom” – when the cocoa butter in your chocolate separates out from the other ingredients. This is most likely caused by an imbalance in the temperature or humidity. Cold temperatures will cause the fat to separate from the solids and rise to the surface of your chocolate, which gives it a whitish appearance.
Too much moisture as well can lead to bloom as it causes condensation onto the dessert’s surface. In any case, don’t be too alarmed; this doesn’t affect the taste of your sweet treat! Bloomed bark can still be consumed – with none of its deliciousness lost.
Valentine Farmhouse Decor at Amazon:
6 Pieces Valentine’s Day Tiered Tray Hearts Yarn Wrapped Christmas Ornaments Farmhouse Heart Bowl Fillers Heart Shape Home Decor for Valentine’s Day Christmas Wedding Anniversary PartyValentines Day Decor, Valentines Mason Jars Centerpiece Decorations, Valentines Centerpiece Table Decorations, Farmhouse Mason Jar Dining Table Centerpiece, Valentines Centerpiece For Table – 3PCPrimitive Victorian Vintage Style Cupids Heart Valentines Day Sign, Valentine’s Day Wall Art Home Wall Art Modern Farmhouse Sign Retro Metal Tin Sign 8×12 InchCRCZK Valentines Day Gnomes Plush Decor,Sunday Angora Scandinavian Tomte Elf Doll Love Gnomes Ornaments,Valentine Tiered Tray Decor, Valentines Gnomes Gift, Farmhouse Home Office Valentine DecorationGAGEC Valentines Day Pillow Covers 18×18 Inch Cupid Brewing Farmhouse Sofa Throw Pillowcase Cushion Case Home Decoration Wedding Anniversary DecorKissing Booth Smooch Valentines 8X12 Inch Vintage Look Tin Decoration Art Sign for Home Kitchen Bathroom Farmhouse Garden Coffee Bar Funny Wall Decor
No matter what type of homemade treat you decide to make this Valentine’s Day, they will surely be appreciated by your loved one and put a smile on their face! From cupcakes with pink frosting hearts to mini heart-shaped pizzas, there are plenty of delicious options that will bring joy this holiday season.
More Fun Valentine Recipes
- Valentines Day Cookies
- Valentine Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Valentine OREO Cookie Balls Recipe
- Heart Shaped Pancakes
If you make this bark will you leave me a comment below and let me know how much you loved it?
You’ll Love These Other Chocolate Candy Recipes
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Bark Recipe
- Valentine’s Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Homemade Turtles Candy Recipe (with bacon!)
- Homemade Mounds Candy
Valentine bark also makes a wonderful gift for friends and family during the holiday season. Package it up carefully in cellophane bags adorned with ribbons and bows for an extra special touch! Make sure you print out our gift tag that is up above in the post.
- 12 Ounces Pink Candy Melts
- 12 Ounces Milk Chocolate Candy Melts
- 1 Cup Valentine M&M’s
- 1 Cup Conversation Candy Hearts
- 1-2 Tablespoons Valentine Sprinkles
- Use a double boiler or microwave-save bowl to melt your pink chocolate.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Use a spatula to spread the chocolate out.
- Wait about 10 minutes and then melt the milk chocolate candy and pour over the pink. Spreading it a little, but not trying to intensely mix the two.
- While the chocolate is still melted and soft, start adding your candy toppings.
- Add your M&M's, conversation hearts, and Valentine sprinkles.
- Let the bark harden 100%. You can pop it in the fridge or freezer to help speed up the process. Since there are two layers of chocolate, it will take a while. I left ours in the fridge over night.
- When the bark is completely hardened, break it up into pieces.