When my kids are sick it is EXHAUSTING! I often find myself with all of my kids sick at one time which really wears me down! Tis’ the season for sickness and getting through a day with a sick child requires a lot of patience.
Here are some tips to making handling a day with a sick kid much easier.
- Take things as they happen! Try to enjoy the time even though you are catering to a sick child.
- Read their favorite books or retell a great story that your kids love the most. It’s a great distraction!
- Hang out in your pajamas and sit on the couch. The best way to get over sickness is with lots of rest and relaxation! I don’t know about you but I am much more comfortable being a nurse in my pj’s!
- Take baths with lots of bubbles. Bubble baths ALWAYS make my kids feel better.
- Eat popsicles or sip on a favorite drink. My kids love really cold juice when feeling yucky!
- Enjoy your favorite soup. It seems like illness brings lots of need for chicken noodle soup. Make your own or just buy from the store.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands! Hand washing is a must when dealing with sick kids and preventing the spread to the whole house!
- Take a nap. Even you can take a nap while your child does. When my kids are sick rest and sleep is minimal so take advantage if the time arises!
- Use Cold & Flu Tracker.
- Try an easy, fast over-the counter relief to suit your needs.
When my kids are sick with strep throat or just an irritated throat Chloraseptic is a great fast relief! Chloraseptic is the No.1 pharmacist recommended sore throat relief brand (lozenges tied for #1) and it works for the whole family. Chloraseptic comes in Lozenges and Throat Sprays.
The lozenges have a soothing liquid center that is fast acting while the sprays come in variety of tasty flavors including Warming Honey Lemon, Cherry, Grape, and specially formulate kids spray Max Wild Berry. As a mom we need quick relief when sick and Chloraseptic does just that! It works on contact and is perfect for on-the-go relief!