15 Martin Luther King Jr Activities and Unit Study
As a homeschool mom, I feel it is very important to teach my kids about diversity.
Here is a collection of 15 activities you can do with your kids to observe MLK Day this month. You could even turn this into a unit study. Remember, you do not have to be a homeschooler to enjoy these. You can supplement with these ideas on top of what they are learning at school. This is a perfect topic we should be discussing at home.
These activities are great for preschoolers and early elementary. There are even a few worksheets for up to 5th grade. It is so important for us to teach our children that we are all the same on the inside!
Martin Luther King Jr Activities
1. Black History Month Activities from 3 Boys and a Dog
2. MLK Handprint Activity from Art. Paper. Scissors. Glue!
3. MLK Writing Sheet from Peace, Love and Learning
4. 3 Multicultural MLK Crafts for kids from Kid’s Fun Review
5. MLK Handwriting Worksheets (grades 1-2) from 3 Boys and a Dog
6. MLK Coloring Page from Crayola
7. I am Different (Homemade Books) from Things to Share & Remember
8. I Have a Dream Writing Paper from Teachers Pay Teachers
9. MLK Word Search from Jinxy Kids
10. Civil Rights Picture Books from What Do We Do All Day
11. Activities for MLK Day from Pre-K Pages
12. MLK Printable Sheets from Teachers Pay Teachers
13. MLK Cursive Worksheets (grades 3-5) from 3 Boys and a Dog
14. MLK Activities for Preschoolers from Teach Preschool
15. What is Diversity Activity from Kids Activities Blog
How are you teaching your kids about diversity?
Thanks for including me in your list of diversity resources for Martin Luther King Jr. Day!