Have you ever made a poke cake?
Seriously sheer brilliance has gone into this whole process of changing up a traditional cake. It is exciting and new, even though the addition is so simple. It is either Jello or pudding. Seriously!
The process is beyond easy. Who knew that poking holes in the top of a cake and adding these delicious additions would send your taste buds into a frenzy?
Want some inspiration? Here are 25 indulgent poke cake recipes that your whole family will love!
What is a Poke Cake?
It is a cake that generally starts with a boxed cake mix. Once you cook it, you use the handle of a wooden spoon (if you want large holes) or a fork or toothpick (if you want smaller holes) and poke the cake to put holes in it.
Then, depending on what recipes you’re making, you either pour prepared, colored Jello or pudding over the cake so it seeps into the holes.
It’s colorful, moist and delicious!
25 Poke Cake Recipes
1. This amazing Jello Poke Cake is so good and it is even better with Cool Whip topping! It’s super moist and hits the spot! Crystal & Co
2. Oh my this Banana Pudding Poke Cake is over the top with cookies, cake, and pudding! Food.com
3. This Lime and Coconut Poke Cake is such a light and refreshing dessert for summer. Freshly Photographed
4. This Red White and Blue Poke Cake is perfect for any patriotic celebration. It’s topped with whipped cream and we love it! Crystal & Co.
5. Love cookies and chocolate? This Oreo Pudding Poke Cake is super delicious! Number 2 Pencil
6. Check out this Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake that is absolutely perfect for summer. Caramel Potatoes
7. You must try this Key Lime Poke Cake is truly a delicious citrus inspiration in dessert. Love Grows Wild
8. This Rainbow Jello Poke Cake is so cool with tons of colors and has a yummy whipped frosting. Flour On My Face
9. You will be raving over this Lemon Strawberry Poke Cake all summer long! Shaken Together
11. Your whole family will absolutely love this Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake that is oh so good. Tidy Mom
12. Try this Raspberry Lemon Poke Cake with a refreshing fruit topping of real fruit. Favorite Family Recipes
13. You can not go wrong with this light and yummy take on Strawberry Jello Poke Cake. Life in the Lofthouse
14. This Hawaiian Poke Cake is so amazing and the coconut topping makes this one such a hit! Lou Lou Girls
15. If you love cheesecake this Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake is to die for! Passion For Savings
16. Want decadence in a dessert? This Red Velvet Jello Poke Cake is it! The Country Cook
17. This Raspberry Poke Cake is such a perfect Spring dessert that you will love. The Craving Chronicles
18. You have to try this Lemon Poke Cake that is seriously over the moon good. Over The Big Moon
19. This Shirley Temple Poke Cake is the perfect combination of the favorite childhood drink into a cake. I Should Be Mopping The Floor
20. If you love citrus this Lemon Lime Poke Cake will become your favorite dessert. Double the Deliciousness
21. This Triple Chocolate Poke Cake is rich and absolutely delicious. The Two Bite Club
22. If you are a cinnamon cereal lover this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Poke Cake is perfect with lots of flavor. Betty Crocker
23. Check out this Cherry Almond Poke Cake that tops all desserts with its super tasty almond frosting. Hossier Homemade
24. Make this Boston Cream Poke Cake so easy with a little refrigerator time after baking. The Country Cook
25. This Ode To Elvis Poke Cake is delicious with peanut butter and bananas! Fave Southern Recipes
26. You won’t believe how much this Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake tastes like the real thing! Inside Bru Crew Life
Do you have a favorite poke cake recipe that is a dessert hit? Share your best ideas!
What are Some Easy Birthday Cake Recipes?
Poke cakes make the perfect birthday cake recipe. They are especially fun if you use the birthday boy or girls favorite color!
What is the Difference in a Dump Cake and a Poke Cake
A dump cake is just as it implies; you dump all of the ingredients together and you’re bake.
A poke cake is one that takes a little more as there are more steps involved since you’re not just dumping everything together. A poke cake has holes poked in it with Jello or pudding poured over it to make it very moist.