Have the kids started screaming they are bored over Christmas break?
Maybe you are on the other side of the globe and it is summer vacation for you guys.
Here are 35 activities for kids that will keep everyone busy.
The list included things to make, ways to play outside and inside as well as ideas for being creative.
These projects are inexpensive or free and are perfect as cabin fever sets in.
Activities for Kids
- Make this easy alphabet matching game using leftover plastic Easter eggs.
- Make pumpkin pie play dough.
- Make your own kite. Here are 27 different kites you can make.
- Make things out of cardboard. Check out this awesome idea- filled- post on cardboard creativity 101. Then, hop over and check out Tip Junkie’s list of 32 things you can make with cardboard.
- Make your own slime using this recipe, which glows in the dark!
- Make homemade play dough.
- Make goop.
- Make S’Mores- go traditional or make these Owl S’Mores. So cute!
- Make homemade marshmallows.
- Make soap on a rope.
- Make these bird treats and hang them in a tree near a window so you can watch the birds enjoy.
- Make bathtub puff paint.
- Bake these Mommy Cookies together.
- Make this cherry cake recipe together.
- Make an obsticle course (or hold an Olympics) in your backyard (or living room). So fun! You can make first place, second place, third place ribbons using construction paper and yarn.
- Make a sensory tub. Great for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Make a time capsule.
- Make homemade ice cream. Here is a list of tips as well as five recipes you can make! Here is my recipe for making Red Velvet Ice Cream without a machine.
- Make homemade bubbles.
- Make liquid sidewalk chalk and then have a creativity contest.
- Make a pet rock.
- Make homemade finger paint.
- Make your own felt play mat.
- Make a busy tray. Super smart and practical.
- Re-purpose broken crayons into your favorite mold shape and print some free color sheets.
- Make a lemonade stand.
- Make homemade pizza together. Here is a list of ways to make pizza un-boring.
- Make your own board game.
- Make sock puppets and have a sock puppet play.
- Make finger puppets. Here is a free download.
- Make your own stick horse.
- Make homemade popsicle. Here is a great list of popsicle recipes.
- Make something origami. Here is a site with a bunch of kid friendly origami ideas.
- Make an assortment of muffins together. Here are 28 muffin recipes you can indulge in.
- For your little toddler guys who want to be crafty, make ice paint. Pretty cool.
Check out all of my educational resources for more fun things to do with your kids!