If you have a dog in the house you can relate at the fact that they are like little fur children.
Our dogs are a huge part of our family. When I take them to the vet or even to the groomer I worry about their anxiety and how they are feeling. Our dogs have become such a wonderful addition to our family.
The boys help with feeding them, and walking them. They snuggle up on the couch and have proven to be some amazing companions for all of us.
Aside from the daily duties of taking care of our dogs there are many other ways to spend time and connect with pets in some of the simplest ways!
If you are thinking of getting a dog or already have one you will love these ideas!
This post brought to you by Beneful. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Crystal and Comp.
5 Ways to Have Fun With Your Dog
1. Take regular walks. Strolling the sidewalk through your neighborhood is super exciting for dogs. Every time we touch the leashes at home our dogs get excited. Set out on a neighborhood adventure and spend some one on one time with your pet!
2. Visit a pet store with your furry friend. After all you probably have to go their for food, treats, and even toys so why not take your dog along with you. They may really enjoy the sights and smells of this surrounding.
3. Take an obedience class or other pooch related class with your dog. This is a wonderful way to maybe break down barriers your dog has with other dogs and people along with gaining some insight to doggy behavior and connecting with you too!
4. If you have a water loving pet then have some fun in the sprinkler! Some dogs love the time spent running through the sprinkler with the kiddos! This is also an awesome way to cool off with your pet this summer!
5. Emerging dog parks are really a great way to get your dog outside of the usual scenery of your yard or house. This is a great way for your dog to make some friends and learn to get along with other dogs. I know you are probably thinking maybe this isn’t for you but you may be surprised at how much fun this can be for your dog to get out and meet new faces and discover a new place to run and play! We love heading out to the dog park! We have a dog park local to us that is an awesome sight for four legged friends. Occasionally there are volunteers that help play and socialize the dogs, a water area, and it is even broken down for smaller dogs in one area and larger in another!
The Dream Dog Park Initiative of 2016 by Beneful is an annual effort to help improve and build dog parks across the country.
The goal is to provide financial and hands on support to at least 12 dog parks in the U.S., and this year, with GoFundMe is helping to reach that goal and it gives dog owners the opportunity to connect with their pets and develop a unique bond.
The Beneful Dream Dog Park Project has been helping build and upgrade dog parks since 2010, and see them as unique places for dogs and owners to bond and socialize.This initiative has helped improve and produce dog parks all over the country including over 12 communities.
The growth and improvement of these facilities make it an ideal hot spot for people and their dogs! With things such as new turf and landscaping, volunteer maintenance, and even fun dog friendly ways to play your pet you and your pet will love it!
Beneful has also partnered with GoFundMe to create an opportunity for others to give back to the community through dog parks.
A little bit can really go a long way and this initiative is really making dog park dreams come true!
You can setup a page of your own to enlist local support for a dog park in your area!
Share the benefits of dog parks to your local area or ways to improve to make them the best they can be by sharing pictures of your best fur friend and their dog park adventures through Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Plus you will be entered to win an awesome Dog Park Pack to enjoy on your next park visit! How are you having fun with your dog these days? Share your ideas!