Beef Macaroni and Cheese
Nothing says easy weeknight meal like Beef Mac and Cheese! With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious dinner on the table in no time. This easy recipe is kid-friendly and sure to please everyone at the table. Plus, it’s packed with flavor thanks to lean ground beef and creamy cheese sauce. Try this beef mac and cheese for an easy meal that will have everyone asking for seconds!
Making delicious meals doesn’t have to be a long and complex process. With Easy Recipes, you can whip up tasty dishes quickly and easily without sacrificing flavor. Whether you are in the mood for a savory or sweet dish, there are plenty of easy recipes that will suit your taste, making sure you don’t have to sacrifice time for flavor.
Ingredients Needed for This Recipe
Here’s what you need for this simple and filling meal!
- Beef– Mac and cheese is definitely a beloved classic that has been around for generations, but adding a hearty helping of ground beef can quickly elevate this dish to another level. Chuck roast is an excellent choice because its rich flavor pairs perfectly with cheese and butter.
- Olive Oil– Olive oil has so many wonderful benefits for a classic Beef Mac and Cheese recipe! Using olive oil as the fat of choice instead of butter adds a burst of flavor as well as some nutritional perks. It is chock-full of antioxidants and beneficial fatty acids that can improve heart health and reduce inflammation.
- Garlic– Garlic is an incredibly important ingredient in the classic dish of beef mac and cheese. Not only does garlic give the dish its unique flavor, it also helps to bring out the richness of the cheese and tone down the richness of the beef.
- Elbow Macaroni– When it comes to baked mac and cheese, elbow macaroni is the way to go! Not only does this shape of pasta hold on to more cheesy goodness than other forms of noodles, but its unique curved shape gives the perfect consistency in each bite.
- Flour– All-purpose flour is the best choice for making a delicious Beef Mac and Cheese Recipe. It’s versatile enough to work well with almost any recipe, and it’s just the right texture and flavor profile to provide good binding properties while giving some structure and thickness to your finished dish.
- Milk– Making a beef mac and cheese sauce is a great way to use up that last bit of milk in the fridge. Not only does the milk add creaminess and texture to the sauce, it also helps balance out the richness of the beef without changing its flavor altogether.
- Cheddar Cheese– Cheddar cheese is one of those things that can make just about anything taste better and beef mac and cheese is no exception. Perfectly melted cheddar adds a distinctive sharpness and tang to this classic comfort dish.
- Salt and Pepper– Salt enhances the flavors of the cheese sauce, bringing out its savoriness. It also helps balance out the sweetness in the tomato-based ground beef mix, resulting in a more well-rounded flavor profile. The pepper in this beloved dish adds depth and warmth to the overall taste that can’t be replicated by any other seasoning – making beef mac and cheese all that much tastier with just one small step!
Cooking Essentials from Amazon:
Lodge Cast Iron Buffalo Nickel Skillet, 10.25 InchUnicook 2 Pack Flexible Silicone Spatula, Turner, 600F Heat Resistant, Ideal for Flipping Eggs, Burgers, Crepes and More, BlackCook N Home Nonstick Stockpot with Lid 10.5-QtAniso Stainless Steel Whisk (8 inches, Silver)WINCO Mini Sauce Pan, SilverOXO Good Grips 3-Piece Wooden Spoon Set
What Can I Add to Mac and Cheese to Flavor It?
Spice up your mac and cheese by adding an extra kick of flavor! Consider trying diced jalapeno peppers for a hint of heat, a sprinkle of Italian seasoning for more savory flavors, or roasted garlic for a delicious garlic twist. You can even add fresh herbs such as basil or parsley on top of the dish to give it a pop of color while boosting the flavor profile.
If you’re feeling creative, get creative with your cheeses – try ditching the cheddar and adding freshly grated Parmesan or Gruyère instead! Whatever ingredients you choose, you’ll be sure to have an indulgent meal that will wow your guests and satisfy your taste buds.
What are the Three Best Cheeses for Mac and Cheese?
When it comes to foods that offer the perfect combination of creamy, cheesy and crunchy, mac and cheese is hard to beat. But what are the best cheeses for Mac and Cheese? Well, different chefs might have their own preferences but three of the most commonly used cheeses for macaroni and cheese include cheddar, Gruyère, and Parmesan.
The mellow flavor of cheddar offers a classic appeal and when combined with Gruyère with its nutty flavor, it makes for a luxurious dish. Finally, Parmesan gives Mac an extra zing with its salty sharpness. Together these 3 cheeses blend perfectly together to give you a delicious macaroni and cheese experience.
How Do You Keep Mac and Cheese Creamy?
Keeping mac and cheese creamy is all about counting on the right combination of cheeses, liquid, and heat. After all, creating that silky texture is every mac-and-cheese lover’s dream. The best part? It doesn’t take much to bring it to life. All you need is a combination of milk, butter, and sharp cheddar for the cheese component. Then you must add a small amount of flour to create a roux that will thicken the mixture.
Once everything starts coming together in your pot, make sure you don’t let the heat get too high – otherwise you’ll end up with a grainy end result. And finally, don’t forget to stir constantly while cooking so that all of your ingredients mix properly and evenly! With these delicious tricks up your sleeve, you can easily craft creamy mac and cheese perfection!
Cooking Accessories from Amazon:
Vegetable Chopper Mandoline Slicer Cutter Chopper 12 in 1 Veggie Chopper Interchangeable Blades with Colander Basket and Container by GIB CleaningtoolFullstar Vegetable Chopper – Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer – Onion Chopper with Container – Pro Food Chopper – Black Slicer Dicer Cutter – 4 BladesOil Sprayer for Cooking – 210ml Glass Olive Oil Dispenser Bottle Spray Mister-Reusable Food Grade Oil Vinegar Spritzer Sprayer Bottles,kitchen Gadgets Accessories for Air Fryer,Salad Making,Baking,BBQBlackstone 1755 Accessories Premium Quality Grill Board with Legs-Made from Koa Wood-Designed for Top of Griddle or Countertop-Use to Cut and Chop Vegetables or Meat, One SizeKitchenAid RRK150IC 5 Qt. Artisan Series – Ice (Renewed)carrotez Chef Apron, Waterdrop Resistant Cotton Canvas Cross Back Adjustable Apron, M-XXL
You’ll Love these Other Easy Recipes!
More Beef Recipes You’ll Want to Make!
- 30 Minute Zucchini Ground Beef Rice Skillet
- Beefy Mexican Rice (A Family Recipe)
- Stuffed Zucchini with Beef and Cheese
- Crock Pot Italian Ground Beef and Rice Casserole
Beef Mac and Cheese
This beef mac and cheese recipe is the perfect easy weeknight meal. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious dinner on the table in no time!
- 1 Pound Beef (we used grass fed)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 16 Ounces Elbow Macaroni, cooked and drained
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- 3 Cups Milk
- 2-3 Cups, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste (1 Teaspoon Salt and 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper)
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the beef in the olive oil and garlic.
- Once done, remove from the pan and add it to the bowl of cooked, drained pasta that you’ve set aside.Leave the tidbits of beef and any oil in the pan.
- Use a whisk to combine 1 cup of milk and the flour in a small bowl. Whisk well to remove any clumps.
- Pour it into the skillet, again over medium heat. Add the salt and pepper. Use the whisk to stir constantly until it starts to thicken.
- As it starts to thicken, slowly add the rest of the milk. It will continue to thicken as it heats.
- Add the cheese, whisking to combine. I did 3 cups of cheese because we love it. You can just do 2 cups if you want.
- You will now have a very cheesy sauce. Pour the cheese sauce over the beef and noodles you’ve set aside.
- Mix the cheese sauce, beef and noodles together until everything is well coated.
- Now you’re ready to serve it.
It looks great!
Thanks Simona. It is so easy to make and so much better than the boxed stuff.
My daughter’s love mac and cheese. I should try this for them. I would love to have you hop over and share with us at Tell Me About It Tuesday! (http://www.sweetsillysara.com/2014/01/tell-me-about-it-tuesday-3.html)
This is comfort food that we would just love! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
Isn’t it yummy! So glad you like it.